• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]HDD vs SSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
HDD vs SSD
by Dan Teresinski, (deathman20)

SSDs (Solid State Drives), the future kid on the block, is trying to dethrone the big old mechanical HDD (Hard Drive) that’s been around for decades.

I’m sure many people have seen or read an article on the new SSDs itself and seen benchmarks of how fast they are. I’ve been thinking about them a lot over the past 3-4 months. I asked many questions, did research and finally came to the conclusion to pull the trigger...

Click here to continue reading.​

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact me or Joeteck, content editor of the storage section.

Excellent work by deathman20 and Joeteck on bringing this article to OCF!
:)

Thanks,
Matt

Hey there it is :) Wasn't sure if I had to create this thread or not. Thx guys.

still trying to find a good deal on 120gb ssds.... cant find one :(

Did you hear about the Kingston drive coming out? Would work well for OS/apps, tho its below the capacity your looking for.

My boss just bought 2 64Gig drives (forgot which brand but it has the Indellix controller), and got 2x 1TB drives as well with it. Think it was $170 a piece but sell the 1TB drives and it gets closer to $100 for the actual drives. Not too bad of a deal. I don't know where he ordered them though but it was within the last week.

Did you hear about the Kingston drive coming out? Would work well for OS/apps, tho its below the capacity your looking for.

Whats the size? I was running 80gb raptor 1st gen (when it 1st came out) and was very happy with it. Then after installing wow, photoshop and office which I use everyday, I only had 20gb free. Didn't wanna be in the same boat specially after upgrading to the newer gen vcraptor :( But anyhow, do you mind giving me a link of the new kingston ssd drives? much appreciated :)

My boss just bought 2 64Gig drives (forgot which brand but it has the Indellix controller), and got 2x 1TB drives as well with it. Think it was $170 a piece but sell the 1TB drives and it gets closer to $100 for the actual drives. Not too bad of a deal. I don't know where he ordered them though but it was within the last week.

This is worth a look, any idea which site?

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent article, well done !!...I guess I need to get some decent SSD's now...I have held onto my Raptors for too long now :)

This is worth a look, any idea which site?

It was a newegg deal doing one of those 24 hour sales I guess. Tried looking more into it but can't find anything more on it. Sorry :(

Let the conversion begin.... MWAHAHAHAHAH
*note get stock in SSD manufactures*

Back