• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Official Forum Wars (Winter Wars) 2010 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How are we doing on filling up the teams?

Work is pretty much killing me right now (legislative session), so my time is pretty much claimed right now. I haven't made any upgrades since last FW (see sig), so I can't provide much, but if you need me let me know.

I want in.... but I don't get what I have to do?

Water cooled by this Friday:D

In short.

From the 1st to the 14th of Feb you need to run, screenshot and post 3d03, 3d05, Super Pi 1m, GeekBench & wPrime 32 with your whole rig at stock speed (yes stock speed)

Then,

From the 17th of Feb to the 2nd of March you run the same benchmarks as fast and as tweaked out as you can (only stable for the bench you are running) and when I give you the go ahead (not before) you post those scores.

There will be a closed part of the forum that no one else can see where we will help you get the most out of your setup, and to make sure your screenshots are right.

But I do ask of everyone that takes part, is they do their best and takes part till the end (no pulling out after it's started...ie 14th of Feb in this case) as that lets down the whole forum.

is there a special place to ask questions about OCing for this(not in general)? I got the whole CPU OC but I've never OC ram or GPU.

By default you are also OCing your RAM when you OC your CPU unless you mess with some other settings. As far as GPU you can use the EVGA Precision program as a starter. Also if you are competeing you can always shot me a PM and I would be more than glad to help.

By default you are also OCing your RAM when you OC your CPU unless you mess with some other settings. As far as GPU you can use the EVGA Precision program as a starter. Also if you are competeing you can always shot me a PM and I would be more than glad to help.

Thanks I'll definitely keep that in mind!

Ok look like I will enter 2 rig...
EVGA P55 Classified
Clarkbar, I don't which one yet (got a couple comi9ng my way)
2x 4890 on water or pots

is there a special place to ask questions about OCing for this(not in general)? I got the whole CPU OC but I've never OC ram or GPU.

A benefit of your nForce chipset is you can set the RAM to 1600MHz then unkink it from the FSB. You won't need to worry about overclocking the RAM as you increase the CPU speed. :)

Once you are in the competition you'll be able to get lots of tips for benching and GPU overclocking.

I'm always up for a go if I can help the team. Being unemployed I doubt there will be any new hardware.

Q6600/Rampage Formula/4870x2/water

I'm always up for a go if I can help the team. Being unemployed I doubt there will be any new hardware.

Q6600/Rampage Formula/4870x2/water

Great stuff.

Sorry that you're unemployed, but if you have some free time, how do you feel about being a FW's Cop ?
It's easy, just need to make sure the screenshots etc are right and update the data base with all the info.

Great stuff.

Sorry that you're unemployed, but if you have some free time, how do you feel about being a FW's Cop ?
It's easy, just need to make sure the screenshots etc are right and update the data base with all the info.

only possible issue is that I might be employed again by the time FW starts and possibly relocating. I have no problem helping as a FW cop if I'm not in the middle of moving though.

I can make plenty of runs and will join if needed (pm me to let me know) but know that I have an i7 and only air and can only push 4530 and only have 2 9800 gtx's, can run with 1 or 2. have a 4870x2 but can score better with the 9800's.
also on the stock scores, do they matter at all. do we need to make them pathethic (bigger difference with the oc). should we slow memory ops. never done this so just asking.
if anyone will pm or post what to do or even expect let me know

I suck at i7 ocing.. so I dont know :(

Edit:

Well I take that back, yesterday I wasnt able to get much past 150 bclk, the day before i was lucky to get into the 140s.. but right after I made this post, I went back into the bios and set her to 190bclk, and she posted! Now I am at 200x21 :D

I thought maybe my board sucked, or my cpu was too much of a pig, turns out my uncore was a bit too fast I think lol. Bit still, you d0 guys are lucky ;)

my asus board wont boot from 150 to 160 but will run any other bclk up to 216

You can in fact get me to do that, lol, let me know if I need to do anything else, I just said you referred me, dunno if there's a process to it?

Cool.

From there Ray will pm you the pass word to the Police forum, in there, there will be a link and pass word so you can add yourself as a cop to the data base. In the forum there will also be all the links/pass words you will need to update the stock and overclocked data base.
There will/should also be a how to, what to do type of thread.

Well that made it sound harder than it is, it's dead easy, just a bit of time when up dating a number of posts/scores at once.

If you don't hear from Ray in the next two days, let me know and I'll give it to you. But I'll leave it to Ray to start with.

I can make plenty of runs and will join if needed (pm me to let me know) but know that I have an i7 and only air and can only push 4530 and only have 2 9800 gtx's, can run with 1 or 2. have a 4870x2 but can score better with the 9800's.
also on the stock scores, do they matter at all. do we need to make them pathethic (bigger difference with the oc). should we slow memory ops. never done this so just asking.
if anyone will pm or post what to do or even expect let me know

Yes you will be needed :D
So thanks for taking part.

i7 and two 9800's all on air sounds just great to me.

Stock scores are run at stock speed, doesn't help you at all running them faster.

But it lests us know and locks you into that hardware, and if something does go wrong, that stock scores could be used (if they are in fact at stock speed) so they need to be done.
In the past many forums have members that say they will take part, then never do, but if they run stock scores and post them the right way, as a rule you see them till the end.

I cant get to the thread to register officially. I bench pretty regularly, even submit when I better one. I think you see what I do periodically. not a hot rod just enjoy it, so no issues that I forsee, other than HW failure.

Back