• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/S not IDing monitor correctly; only shows a PnP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

videobruce

Running 2k w/sp4 and a HP LC2600N LCD TV/monitor using a DVI cable input, Windows identifies the monitor only as a Plug & Play. In XP it correctly identifies the monitor as a HP LC2600.

So I understand it correctly, when Windows IDs' the monitor with the correct name through the EDID data, it then creates a inf file? If so, can that file be used elsewhere (on another computer and O/S) ?

Without getting into a 2k vs FP here since I don't want to change O/S's just for this, can I get that file and use it on my 2k box in the hopes that it will keep the monitor happy?

What is happening and the problem; because the computer and monitor aren't 'talking' properly, some functions in the monitor aren't available. Namely the ability to set the monitor to the native resolution of 1366x768 and a 'Dot by Dot' aspect setting.

It's been reported that 1:1 pixel mapping is possible with a XP box and a DVI input.

Hope that made sense.................
Thanks in advance.

There is no 'inf' file from HP as this is a full HD TV, not just a computer monitor. As far as creating a inf file, where/how do I obtain the EDID data?

On linux I think yopu can get it through an i2c or lm_sensors module. You'll have to look for a program on windows that will read it for you and figure out how to write the file.

Back