• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC: 2800XP (Barton) and A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

klau1

Registered
Hey, I've just got a new mobo, the A7N8X -non deluxe a week ago and a 2800XP Barton CPU. I've heard that the A7N8X enable most multiplier settings to be used by unlocking the CPU itself, therefore no physical unlocking of the CPU is reqired. So I decided to bring the FSB to 200MHz; insync with Memory, and lower the Multiplier.

I decided to give it a try, I used:
10.5x // 200MHz ---blank screen, no POST
11x//133MHz ---blank scr, no post
13x//133MHz ---blank scr, no POST

So nothing seems to work insprite of what people have claimed about the A7N8X's abilities to unlock multipiers.

I've tried BIOS versions ASUS 1007 and Uber 1007, both same result.

My Specs are:
CPU: AMD Athlon 2800 XP Barton
Mobo: A7N8X - non deluxe
BIOS: v1007
Memory: 256MB x2 (for dual channeling) DDR 400MHz Samgung
Cooling: ThermalRight SLK-800 // X Blower 80mm fan

Any help or susgestions would be greatly appreciated.

welcome to the forum
new amd chip are super locked and can t be unlocked
to be sure if your chip is locked or not
set the fsb 166 and try to lower the multiplicator when u are under windows check your cpu speed with some utility like wcpuid(google and will find it) if your mutiplicator still in has been changed (not the default one than your cpu is unlocked if not your chip is super locked and u cant unlock it
your ram is rated ar 2700 so it will do only 166 mhz like your cpu
if you one overclock
just set vdimm to 2.8v
fsb 166
vcore to 1.7v
and start bumping the fsb 167-168.....
test your memory with memtest
wana more help i am ready :)

actually, i think that he is using pc 3200 in his rig (which is rated at 200fsb). i suggest plugginh everything in and clearing the cmos. take the batery out/ unlu the pin for about 15s then place it back into its original position. this should set everything to default. and try to leave the jumper on the mobo at 133/166 for your first tests.

also, te board does not "unlock" the cpu. it merly allows you to change the multipliers of a cpu that hs already been unlocked.

Back