• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X Deluxe with Barton 2500+ Quirk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Samildanach

Registered
Goor morning all. I'm hoping some of you will be able to help me better understand this:

I have an A7N8X Deluxe v 1.4 and bios 1006, with 2*Crucial PC2700 Sticks and no southbridge volt mod.

Previously I had a beautiful 1700+ JIUHB that overclocked to 2050MHz stable. I was also able to change FSB and multiplier, both below 11x and above 12.5x without having to modify the cpu.

Now I have just upgraded to a Barton 2500+ AQZFA in the hopes of reaching 2.2Ghz+. However I cannot for love nor money, change the multiplier on the board. It doesn't matter what I do. the multplier stays locked at 11x which is the 2500+ default. :mad:

Can anyone explain to me why a chip that is supposedly factory unlocked (visual confirmation of all L1 bridges are connected)and an Nforce2 motherboard that can adjust the cpu multipliers CANNOT change the multiplier on this chip?

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Thanks to you all

Samildanach

i don't remember if that board was supposed to have the multis unlocked or not but the wire trick will give u access to the 10.5 and under.

I was able to get 2.2 by uping the FSB to 200 and leaving the multiplier at 11, but I think you need good PC3200 memory to do it.

I have OC'd my 2500 to 12 X 202.66 fsb for 2432 mhz using Uber 1007 and Corsair PC 3200. I had this memory in a SOYO Dragon Plus then moved it to the new Asus board. Then put Crucial 2700 like you have in the SOYO. With the Corsair I could run the 1700 in the Soyo at 1702 mhz. With the Crucial it dropped to 1600. Your memory and/or BIOS may be holding you back.

When did you get your Barton? I think the last un-locked one was made last week. All of the ones produced after that are locked, I think.

Back