• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS X99-Deluxe not seeing all memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GracieAllen

An oldie but a goodie...

X99 Deluxe with a mild/moderate overclock has been running fine for ages. A while back (year?) it started SOMETIMES not seeing all the memory - 4, 8gb sticks and it sometimes sees 32GB and sometimes 24.

Before doing anything rash like opening up the box and starting messing around moving things, I'd like to bump the voltage to the memory a bit...

CPU-Z SAYS it's currently getting 1.2V.

How do I see what the voltage is in the BIOS (what field(s) on what page do I look at, and how do I change it?

Rash is moving things? Thats the first thing id look at is reseating the ram.

You can add more voltage, its typically called DRAM voltage... should be somewhere in ai tweaker section. Try 1.25v. That said, cpuz doesnt read memory voltage, just tells you what the sticms are rated for. Use hwinfo to see or ai suite if you have it installed.

Rash is moving things? Thats the first thing id look at is reseating the ram.

Rash 'cause they were reseated and moved around a month or so ago, and it's a pain in the $%# to get behind the giant, honking CPU cooler. And USUALLY, by the time I'm done screwing around in there I've disconnected or messed up something that WAS fine... I try really hard to stay OUT of the box.

You can add more voltage, its typically called DRAM voltage... should be somewhere in ai tweaker section. Try 1.25v. That said, cpuz doesnt read memory voltage, just tells you what the sticms are rated for. Use hwinfo to see or ai suite if you have it installed.

Yeah, that'd be where I was figuring I'd find it too. I either missed it or I'm looking in the wrong place, 'cause I didn't find ANYTHING labeled anything similar to "DRAM Voltage" that I could change.

I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember the late night TV show that periodically showed "stupid human tricks"... In THIS case, the stupid human didn't SCROLL........... Good grief! This is what happens when you get distracted by the domestic associate while messing with the computer.

Back