• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OC]BE6-II > Celeron 1200 @ 1624 Mhz . prob!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A_X

Hi there,
I'm new here, and I'm dutch so if my Enlish has a few flaws every now and then just ignore it.
I'm a hardcore member (3 years) of the dutch www.tweakers.net and forums but every now and then I run in to some problems that they can't help me with. So I thought let's register @ overclockers.com. :)

And now to the point here's problem:

I'm running the following system:

Abit BE6-II v1.1
Celeron 1200 @ 1624 Mhz (philipines) on a Vmodded PL-iP3/T
Alpha PEP66T
768MB PC133 CAS 2-2-2
Creative Geforce 3 @ 245/545 (AGP divider 2/3)
Creative SB Live 1024 (PCI divider 1/4)
3com 10/100 network card. (PCI divider 1/4)
60GB seagate Baracuda HD @ ATA66 (HPT 366)

Beacause the Powerleap PL-iP3/T didn't give me the option to modify the Vcore I did the following mod:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~alderan/mod/

valmis.jpg

With this mod i can adjust the Vcore with steps of 0.025V from 1.05 to 1.825.
This all went fine without any problems and I'm now running @ 135 fsb = 1624 Mhz. :burn:

But now for my problem

I can run the Celeron @ 1624 100% stable in XP, doesn't matter if I run Prime, SETI or my RC5 client.

BUT As soon as I cross the 127 fsb treshold I can't run any 3d apps, 3dmark and almost every 3d game kicks me back to the desktop when i try to start them.... :confused:

The weird thing is that I dont have any problems @ 126 fsb but @ 127 it keeps kicking me back to the desktop.

So i'm sure it isnt my proc that's causing my instability but what is??
Can anyone help me?

Last edited:
This looks like a motherboard problem.....and should be moved to
the Intel motherboards==>Abit section for more help.

Do I understand you right?? At any FSB-speed from 127-135MHz you get kicked back to the desktop and no 3d app will run, but at 126 MHz everything is OK??

If that's right, than it could probably be a CPU problem, although you don't think so.
You always get kicked back to the desktop if your CPU doesn't get enough voltage!

That's my opinion and I experineced this problem often enough.

Could it be possible that...there is probably too much agp speed
after 126mhz fsb?

Doesnt the agp divider of 2/3 change at some point?

Just a thought.

It's not my agp bus/ divider.

I guess it could be the voltage since there is no way to really measure the voltage with PL-iP3/T. But i dont think so thoug.

I'm gonna see if I can try to cool my northbridge al bit better maybe that will help.

Back