• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Corsair 8GB ddr4 2400mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sylar2k19

how oc OC Corsair 8GB ddr4 2400mhz on motherboard MSI B450M Bazooka with ryzen 2200G ?

i tried manually to setting to 3000 with voltage 1.35 and dont worked

Overclocking memory is tricky and not as simple as just raising the frequency and voltage like that. You need to play around with memory timings as well (the number of clock cycles it takes to run certain tasks).

I haven't seen a handy guide for overclocking RAM like there are guides for OCing cpus/gpus, but right next to this thread another user shows a different set of RAM at different OC stages to give you an idea of the process.

Can I ask why try and OC the ram? In many cases you may not see too much of a difference outside of benchmarks unless you're pushing the iGPU of that 2200G as well.

Edit: Also - exactly which kit of Corsair are you using? Did you get a 2400MHz kit and now trying to make it run like the 3000MHz kit or did you get the 3000MHz kit and it's now running at 2400MHz? If it's the latter it may be as simple as setting it to the XMP profile...

Last edited:
Back