• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC not sticking with extreme4 and 3570k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magik_missles

I have a ASRock Z77 Extreme4 and an i5-3570k. I can OC the chip and it shows correctly in the BIOS, but Windows and CPU-Z still show the stock 3.4GHz clock speed. I have followed the steps in the link below to a "T", twice. That was after updating the BIOS via USB drive. Clearing CMOS, reverting to UEFI defaults, etc have no effect. I'm not looking for a crazy OC, just 4.0-4.2. Even 3.8 isn't recognized. I did notice that if I set "ALL CORE" to 45, it BSODs when loading Windows. I haven't adjusted any voltages. I have seen different reccomendations when it comes to SpeedStep and Turbo Boost and tried both. Power Saving Mode IS disabled. Prime runs great at stock speeds and defaults, hell, my temps are 28-35c under 100% load. So I know I have a really efficient chip, the damn thing just won't OC. Any thoughts?

Guide I used:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1198504/...-guide-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-asrock-edition

I had a similar issue when I first OC'd my CPU.

I ended up getting the "PCmeter" extension for "CPU Meter" gadget I have always used. That combo picks up the current clock frequency.

CPUZ also works.

set your voltage to 1.14v vcore and then speed to 4.5. turn of speed step and then see if that helps.

right now my processor is at 4.2ghz with a vcore of 1.12v. works great! no bsod's!:D

Sorry for the late response, life gets in the way you know. I have yet to get the OC to stick. I plan on giving it another "college try" this evening, or at least this weekend sometime. I will try to voltages recommended and let you guys know what the outcome is.

THANKS!!

Back