• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oc old pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ezzeldin

hello people
i'm working on an extreme overkill gaming pc build due Q4 2016 and its update is due Q4 2018 so i sold my gaming build it had a 5960x, 64gb ram, SSDs and now im stuck with an old build i had
and im looking to oc this build as hard as i can so i can game with it until i get my new build.
im in egypt so finding old stuff is kinda hard as well as new stuff but anyways i will list my specs and i want to know how far can i go when i oc this build
im using a gigabyte g41m-es2l motherboard revision 1.1 with bios fully updated and a small fan on the chip for cooling
intel core 2 duo e7400 with a non stock cooler but a medium one not so big
nvidia geforce 9600gt with ecs elitegroup extreme heat think and heatpipes fitted with 2gb of ddr2 vram running at a 400mhz and 2 92mm fans fitted on it
2X2gb ddr2 800mhz cl12
2X1tb sata seagate hdd
2X180gb pata hdd
1X305 watt psu
2X215 watt psu
the case has no restricted airflow and fitted with 2X92mm fans and 1X120mm fan
normal keyboard and mouse 1X4.1 sound system and 1X2.1 sound system and 2X1280*1024 lcd screens with 4:3 connected using dvi
tp link wifi card and thats it
i know its a crappy build but i dont want to invest in it at all since as i said i sold my X99 computer for a better one next year so i just wanna live with this for a year so what can i do with it could i oc it or not should i remove anything to make it better or what
its also in a non ac room ideal temps for cpu/gpu 35c/43c
anything would help
thanks a lot

So..... you up and sold a 5960x rig? Why not sell it when you are ready to build your new one in over a year??

Anyway, You are going to be limited in overclocking due to the motherboard. You may get something out of it, so it is worth a try, but don't expect miracles.

You also have a pretty interesting PSU setup? 2 of them? Both low power????

Also, a 9600gt is quite an old card so I am not sure what kind of games you can play these days with such an old GPU.

There is so much here that doesn't make sense to me....

So..... you up and sold a 5960x rig? Why not sell it when you are ready to build your new one in over a year??

Anyway, You are going to be limited in overclocking due to the motherboard. You may get something out of it, so it is worth a try, but don't expect miracles.

You also have a pretty interesting PSU setup? 2 of them? Both low power????

Also, a 9600gt is quite an old card so I am not sure what kind of games you can play these days with such an old GPU.

There is so much here that doesn't make sense to me....

i figured i could sell it now when it's expensive :D put the money in a bank for one year with Monthly dividend then when i'm ready to make the new build i will take my money from the bank :D
i will try my best with it
no the other 2 psu are just spare i don't use them
it is old but it runs all games smooth under low settings on 1280*1024
yup i know it's a crappy old build
thanks for the help :D

Back