• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC on Phenom II X4 840 (95) watt not registering.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, I have updated it twice now.

Maybe I did it wrong. I used the @BioS software that came with it, so.....
If I could maybe photograph some of the BIOS pages you would see what's wrong....

-AM

Yes, I have updated it twice now.

Maybe I did it wrong. I used the @BIOS software that came with it, so.....
If I could maybe photograph some of the BIOS pages you would see what's wrong....

-AM

As long as you saw a screen that said it was programing your new version into the bios, I'm sure you did it right... You can only bang your head against the same wall so many times before you just have to move on... Either that your you knock your self unconscious or go crazy or full ret@rd... In any case you've moved on... (not saying that you should stop trying to overclock, just that you shouldn't update that BIOS again.)

Yeah, if you want to photograph some of the screens, go ahead... It would help a lot to be able to see what you are seeing. I just hope the photo quality will be readable, which can often be hard when photographing a screen. does anybody here know how to get a digital screen capture of the BIOS? I have often wondered how the hell people do that.

Last edited:
applemao is right along about not being able to set his ram frequency, etc. His motherboard doesn't really have any manual overclocking features. Attached you will see his entire manual control set insofar as things that have to do with overclocking. It's a really low end board. He may be able to manipulate some frequencies and voltages with the Gigabyte overclocking software utility (EasyTune?) but ram speed is probably not one of them.

applemao, you should consider investing in a better motherboard that has a full set of overclocking features in bios.

Attachments

• ADVBios.JPG
    ADVBios.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Hey man I had the manual PDF! I hope you didn't go-ogle to too much trouble to find it!

Anyway, ya, this was a barebone kit, and I had to spend some money, so I had to get this one.

But that's the great thing about desktops! Easy peasy to upgrade, and not very expensive!

Thanks for all your help guys! This things plenty fast enough for me anyway!

Someday I'll save for a new board.

-AM

Back