• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC without even trying...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mackerel

accmemoc.png

I just dusted off my Ryzen 1600 system which it looks like I haven't turned on since around July. Been debating about selling it since I never use it. Anyway, I had stole the ram rated at 2800 from it for use in another system, and back filled with some low latency 2133 originally bought for a non-OC Xeon. Fired up CPU-Z and saw it still running at 2800 :) I've not done any stability testing on it at all but it seems to be working fine on desktop.

with some luck this memory will make 3200 on Ryzen and up to 3600 on Intel :)

Is that typical for Hynix M-die? I kinda want to try now just to see.

Hynix is almost only available as MFR or AFR. AFR OC a bit better but most of these IC can make 3200-3400, better chips 3600-3800. 4GB modules can be pushed past 4000. All of them will run at more relaxed timings than Samsung so something like 15-17-17, 16-18-18, 15-18-18 or something similar. CL reacts good on higher voltage but other main timings not so much so you can see something like 13-18-18.
DDR4 market is pretty boring. Right now there are 2-3 IC from Hynix, 2-3 from Samsung and maybe 5 from Micron but most of them act the same. Simply looking at the memory label and IC can predict how high it will OC ( or at least I can ). There are some surprises like my last Ballistix Sport SODIMM. I didn't count on anything above 3200 and it runs at 4000 stable.

Back