• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC550's ultimate winchester thread, wish me overclocking luck!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dont count on hitting 3ghz on a 1.8ghz chip, without some super extreme cooling. You have a winchester 3000+ just because I hit 2.7ghz, doesnt mean you can/will. look at what Sen has, a 3200+ and he cant hit 2.6ghz at all.. you would be lucky to hit 2.6, just dont get your hopes up high...

Where did you get your chip from overclocker? Is it an OEM or retail version?

Hey let him dream of hitting 3.0ghz on his chip, i remeber when i first got my 2.0a every one told me that there was no way i was gana hit 3ghz on air and guess what right now im at 3.5ghz on modded stock air so any thing is possiable overclocker550 good luck and i hope you hit your 3ghz mark.

Osirus said:
dont count on hitting 3ghz on a 1.8ghz chip, without some super extreme cooling. You have a winchester 3000+ just because I hit 2.7ghz, doesnt mean you can/will. look at what Sen has, a 3200+ and he cant hit 2.6ghz at all.. you would be lucky to hit 2.6, just dont get your hopes up high...

Well ae'nt u the optimist. From your incredible OC ou'd be in support of others, but it seems as though you prefer to destroy them then encourage them :santa:

Npetune3000 said:
Well ae'nt u the optimist. From your incredible OC ou'd be in support of others, but it seems as though you prefer to destroy them then encourage them :santa:

He didn't "destroy" anybody. On the contrary, he is simply stating that is highly improbable that Oc550 reach such a high overclock with his Winchester. I think we would all say the same thing if someone thought they could run 2.8+ ghz on air using a mobile Barton. It's no different here. Oc550's expectations of his upcoming processor are terribly unrealistic and he is in for a rude awakening when it pertains to his overclock threshold.

deception``

Good lord that's a horrible picture!! I had to rub my eyes after looking at that.

OC550 - now you just need to buy a REAL video card. ;)

Oh, my Newcastle will eat your Winchester..

You have a nice Winchester......for me to poop on!! :D

Well no matter what anyone says you dont have his chip so you real dont know if he will hit 3ghz or not every chip and mobo is differnt people over at XS are hitting 3GHz on there winnies so you never know untill you try. So what im basicly saying is dont tell him what he can and cant hit on a overclock because evan you dont know because you dont hav his chip nor his board.

confuzzedintel said:
Well no matter what anyone says you dont have his chip so you real dont know if he will hit 3ghz or not every chip and mobo is differnt people over at XS are hitting 3GHz on there winnies so you never know untill you try. So what im basicly saying is dont tell him what he can and cant hit on a overclock because evan you dont know because you dont hav his chip nor his board.

Based on that logic, that means that I could not tell you that you cannot hit 5ghz on air, simply because I do not have your setup. Do you realize the logical flaw in this statement? :confused: The fact of the matter is, despite the fact that nobody has his same processor, common results have concluded that current Winchesters barely break 2.7 ghz. In no way am I trying to discourage him from purchasing or overclocking his upcoming processor. On the contrary, I am simply telling him that he should not set his expectations so high.

deception``

confuzzedintel said:
i dont have a 486 chip. But I can tell you it will not hit 3Ghz

confuzzedintel said:

yes!!!!!!!!! :attn:

it's HIS money so he can dream as much as he desires. No one has teh right to tell anyone else to be "realistic" but for some reason they think they do, so ignore them Oc550. Best wishes on your OC, either way dream as you desire it's your money you're entitled to it. do it big!

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out where the strong man stumbled, or where a doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs, and who comes up short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause. The man who at best knows the triumph of high achievement and who at worst, if he fails, fails while daring greatly, so that his place will never be with those cold timid souls who never knew victory or defeat."
-- Teddy Roosevelt

Last edited:
deception`` said:
Based on that logic, that means that I could not tell you that you cannot hit 5ghz on air, simply because I do not have your setup. Do you realize the logical flaw in this statement? :confused: The fact of the matter is, despite the fact that nobody has his same processor, common results have concluded that current Winchesters barely break 2.7 ghz. In no way am I trying to discourage him from purchasing or overclocking his upcoming processor. On the contrary, I am simply telling him that he should not set his expectations so high.

deception``

That is not what im saying what i am saying is that many people can do a 1ghz overclock on air so it is POSSIBLE for him to get the overclock he wants if his chip/ram/mobo will do it im not saying that a 1.8ghz chip will do 5ghz on air just that it is possible for him to get 3ghz wether it be on air or water he wont know untill he trys.

The main problem is you need some PC4400 or higher in order to reach that kind of OC...
Its a FSB issue, I tried 100:200 to hit 2.8ghz and I cannot even get it to post. yet I can hit 2.7ghz prime95 stable for over 24hours.
Im not knocking him down on his CPU or Mobo. and just a FYI confuzzedintel, I do have the SAME chip, only difference is his is 2 weeks newer then mine... and the best OC'ing motherboard around the Neo2 Platinum.

All I'm saying is not to get your hopes up high and expect 2.6 or greater. Remember, he has a 3000+, with a 9x multiplier.

Sen has a 3200+ and can barely get 2.6 stable. Just because I have a very good OC doesnt mean everyone else can, I am super lucky to hit what I have.

As for people at XS, you failed to mention what kind of cooling there using, and what chip there using, Yeah Im sure someone with a 3500+ winchester could hit 3ghz on Water or phasechange...

I wish him all the luck. You failed to see my opinions.

Every mobo an cpu are differnt the lable may be the same but the chips arnt some chips bo better then other some do worse good luck overclocker and let us know how it dose.

Is an A64 2800+ ocing @ 2.5

the same performance as a
A64 3200+,3500+ ocing @ 2.5?

(same prcocessor types)

Anyways harsh words people! Yes I understand that given the same setup there is a certain level of expecation people have, he may or may not be able to hit the 3Ghz mark . But the point is you never know. There HAVE been some extremely impressive overlocks around here, although if he does manage to surpass 2.7 we all have something to "awe" about.

Personally I'm just reading on all this information to see what type can reach the highest clock, so people let's not mock each other for our enthusiasm on the subject. Otherwise is going to become truly useless for me.

:)

And ofcourse all of you want to be thinking about me...
Because I'm the king!!!!

har har har!

Last edited:
baberpervez said:
Is an A64 2800+ ocing @ 2.5

the same performance as a
A64 3200+,3500+ ocing @ 2.5?

(same prcocessor types)

The performance at the same speed is the same. (ofcourse memory speed makes a big differance too, the higher the better)

So both a 3500+ and a 2800+ clocked to a 2.5 Ghz will essentially be the same performance?

<-- hard of hearing

Heck why should I be spending $ 200 more on a 3500+ then!
LOL!!!

Oh wait.. there isn't a Winchester 2800+ out yet. DAMN!!

some 2800 can hit 2.5 while some 3000 can only hit 2.2 etc.

i was pretty lucky, however now that they're selling 3000 winchesters at mwave for 150, i should of just waited. i paid 144 for this current chip back in september. No one told me the 90nms were on their way though. I should of waited

Last edited:
Back