• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Occasional BSoD because of ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+7f1c0 )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neurostudio

Registered
Hi everyone,
an occasional BSoD screen is occurring with my new build.
Unfortunately I don't know much about how to read crash dump files, so I am uploading it here hoping that someone has an idea of how to solve the problem.
Other than general diagnostics I ran memory diagnostics and disks diagnostics in depth. Everything seems fine.

My build:
i7 3930k
asus p9x79 deluxe
gskill 32 gb (8gbx4) 2400mhz
evga gtx 580 classified 3gb
primary hdd Samsung 830 256gb
hdd 2xWD caviar black 2tb raid 0
psu coolermaster hsp 1050W

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 082012-46301-01.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
good luck=)

So, blue screen view confirmed that that ntoskrnl.exe was the cause of the crash.
i ran a chkdsk /r , since it's the only solution that applies to my case, considering that ram and disks have been tested multiple times and passed all tests.
Let's see how it goes.
I suspect that the auto-overclocking profile created asus AI suite II could be the cause too, even if it's not a hardcore overclocking and the system seemed very stable till now.

I'll let you know if the error occurs again :)

Thanks for now.

Attachments

• bsod.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 75
stress? naa you just haven't done enough of them after 20 or so you become addicted and start itching to build as much as possible :) (assuming you building high end machines and not run of the mill ones)

stress? naa you just haven't done enough of them after 20 or so you become addicted and start itching to build as much as possible :) (assuming you building high end machines and not run of the mill ones)

lol...i have no intention of reaching the 20 builds!
...i stress out easily...especially when handling pricey components :screwy:
the clearance issues with gskill trident and noctua nh-d14 drove me crazy.

happy with the build anyhow...you think it's a balanced machine?

ram might be a little overkill for your system unless your rendering 3d models and stuff but
at least there will be no bottle necking there:)
but no the system looks good,planning on doing some gaming?

ram might be a little overkill for your system unless your rendering 3d models and stuff but
at least there will be no bottle necking there:)
but no the system looks good,planning on doing some gaming?

i thought so too lol ...but i preferred to pick something a little more future-proof rather than not. ram is dirty cheap anyways. that said, i didn't venture into overclocking yet...i guess i'll find a way to squeeze that ram soon or later.
...and yes, i do a lot of c4d and aftereffects...and video editing.

as for gaming, yes, I play....except for the big titles CoD, masse effect3, skyrim etc i am playing Diablo III and downloading Guild Wars 2 right now. Opens in 3 days :D

i agree with future proofing myself only thing is i always end up upgrading my whole system every year or two and passing my last one to the wife so really shes the one making out on the deal lol=)

yea i was thinking of ordering guild wars 2 myself its looking like its going to be a great game.

i agree with future proofing myself only thing is i always end up upgrading my whole system every year or two and passing my last one to the wife so really shes the one making out on the deal lol=)

yea i was thinking of ordering guild wars 2 myself its looking like its going to be a great game.

ahaha good for her!
not being a major gamer, my machines last longer. around 3 years i'd say.
i can still do a lot of motiongraphics in AE on my 4yo HP laptop lol

yes...guildwars looks just amazing. i have the feeling that they nailed it 100%.
...just a little risky for my social life...but hey... ahah

So, one more bsod when waking the system from sleep.
Apparently caused by csrss.exe

Attachments

• 082212-44195-01.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 37
i would try to run this csrss.exe is sometimes malware and you wouldn't be the first person the get it one on a new system so cant hurt to check.
i also read Kaspersky can cause this so if you have that installed try to unistall it and try another antivirus program.

at this point after two separate files causing BSOD i would be considering a fresh install of your OS with a legitimate/know good copy of windows not to say you didnt in the first place,but as non of these BSOD are pointing toward your hardware i would be looking at your OS.

Thanks! I read those posts too. Malwarebytes didn't find anything and no, I don't use Karspersky...I use Avira :p
My windows is original and I really want to wait a little bit more before reinstalling everything -_- ...even just the idea of reinstalling my after effects plug-ins makes me sick ahah
anyways, thanks a lot.

lol no problem yea i hate to clean install with all my autodesk 3dsmax and mudbox with all there patches and plugins lol.
hopefully it was just a one time deal for you,couldn't hurt to run memtest a few passes to be sure its not your ram causing all this.

lol no problem yea i hate to clean install with all my autodesk 3dsmax and mudbox with all there patches and plugins lol.
hopefully it was just a one time deal for you,couldn't hurt to run memtest a few passes to be sure its not your ram causing all this.
will do that tonight! i'll let you know.

Back