• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Occulus Rift Preorder

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am going to wait on some of the reviews but i am keeping a close eye on these as i have wanted to get one since i saw there first press conference.

$600.00 US and you get two games with it. That puts it at 850 CAD.

Not in the impulse buy range unfortunately.

Very interested, but will wait. Maybe if by some miracle I can get one for review.

"maybe" for $300
big no for $600 though
the ball is in everybodys elses (sony,htc/valve,razor) court right since since oculus/facebook dropped the ball on the price

Pre-order? No. Eventually? Maybe. Too many upcoming VR headsets and $600 is waaay too much for me to spend on one.

I think the later models will be cheaper.

I already have an X box controler - 50 bucks off price
I have better headphones - 30 bucks off
Have a mic - 50 bucks

So if we can get a model in the 450 range, I think it becomes a better sale.

Competition will help as well

If you read the AMA, Palmer states that the xbox controller and such add very little to nothing to the price for them. So equating it to taking $50 off is probably a stretch. I also don't know how they would take away the microphone and audio system from the headset.

Hrrmph... Good thing I spent all of 2015 fattening my wallet for the slaughter. €750 when shipping is included.

The price didn't seem to have been too much of a deterrent. I managed to order one 15 min after they went on sale and then the shipping date had already been pushed into April. A friend of mine who ordered a few hours ago got June as his shipping date.

I'm still not sure I actually managed to pre-order one. The pre-order page was absolutely overloaded. I got myself a order confirmation number, but never got the email with the order details. I have a ticket open with the support people, but I assume they are overloaded as well.

If you read the AMA, Palmer states that the xbox controller and such add very little to nothing to the price for them. So equating it to taking $50 off is probably a stretch. I also don't know how they would take away the microphone and audio system from the headset.

Yeah.... I just finished reading it.

They did say earlier that the headphone were detachable so you could use your own..... searching now.

Link Click the 'Audio' tab. "The audio arms are detachable"

He did say it would not affect the price though.

He also said it would be highly unlikely that there would be a stripped down kit available on this gen 1 offering. :rain:

Last edited:
Sorry must have missed the audio portion!

But yeah, I'll be curious to see how it goes. One of my friends is picking on up (should get delivery in May) and he said that I can use it for a review if we don't get one some other way I presume.

Back