• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'd 4770k with really low voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rob94hawk

Registered
Just curious guys cause I'm not sure if this is wrong or not but is the voltage reading wrong here? 0.880 Vcore? This is on an MSI Z87 Gaming board with the OC Giene set on "gaming." Prime is running in the background. I've been out of the overclocking game for a while so I'm not sure if this is an error or a good thing. Thanks! Oh and I'm running the latest I'm running 1.64.3 cpu-z.
lowvolts_zps18a00b18.png

Last edited:
It's probably power saving mode. Check the same under full load and voltage should go up.

You could always take it off of OC Genie and manually set both vcore and cpu cache (uncore/ring) to ~1.1v and then try booting into Windows and stressing again with AIDA64 at 42x?

:facepalm: Sorry. Had the wrong cpu-z the whole time. Don't know how that happened since I DL'd it from the website above. VID is really 1.02V not 0.880V.

Got 4.6 on 1.26V with lid on, water and cheap Swiftech TIM. Guess it's a decent chip.
46Ghz_zps2454e71e.png

Back