• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OCG]CoD OPEN PRACTICE @ THURSDAY 8 PM CENTRAL TIME

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Papier

CoD Open-Practice @ 8 pm central

We're going to hold an open practice night where anyone can show up and rack up some kills. We want to have some good fun and encourage teamwork among people.

Where are we meeting?

We are meeting in OCG IRC server. The address is irc.zirc.org port:6667 @ channel #[OCG]. You can reach this channel by two ways.

• By going to Overclocked Gamerz website and clicking on webchat. From there can you chat in IRC channel.
  • By downloading an IRC program like MIRC and going to the channel.

Requirements for attending this activity.

Xfire-This program is like ICQ or Messenger in that you can msg people, but with much more greater flexibility for gamers. We will use this program to track other players and to find/join servers. After you download this program and made an account please msg me. My Xfire name is papier.

Team Speak- A program that allows us to talk on microphones. Microphones are optional, but does increase the fun factor.Even if you don't have a microphone, you are still required to download this program. The teamspeak server address is www.netboundaries.com:8773 and we will be using Cod Channel within the chat lobby .Thxs to the mica and BF:V for allowing us to use their TS server! Copy and paste this in teamspeak when you go to connect.

------------------------------------------------------------------

This open practice is for anybody. I hope all of you will come and we'll have fun beating the snot out of each other. Please post or PM if you have any questions. See ya there!.

Last edited:
hopefully i can get my stability problems with my system all figured out by then. if so, i will be playing. if not, i will still be there. :thup:

Dang guys, that was quick! Don't worry shuzzy, it's an open practice. It's officially starts at 8, but you are welcome to join in any time you want to man.

And Tatuya, I'll look forward to ya on xfire.

I'll be there, just get Pally to poke me around 7:30 to remind me :D

hi,

is that "every" thursdays at 8pm CST or just this thursday?
if it's just this thursday, then please add a date to your thread. ;)

anyway, you can freely use the BF:V channels on the [OCG] team speak server.
server IP is www.netboudaries.com:8773

good luck guys.

mica

im going to make this official since everyone actually seems to see this thread and is responding to it as well. for a while, im going to have to transfer leadership over to PAPIEr! for a while. i just have to much stuff going on right now and im not going to be able to run this team for a while. I'm not even sure that im going to be able to at all :(
anyways, for now PAPIEr! is the leader of the team. i will still be around to play and stuff and help you guys out, but im not going to be able to do alot of it. GL PAPIEr!!! :) if anyone has any questions about this, feel free to ask me :)

Hey, I thought I was gonna be the vice-leader man. :p I knew people were anxious to do something within the CoD clan so with pallidude's permission I decided to start holding practices.

Yes, that is my plan to hold this every thursday at 8. It seems like it's perfect for everyone so far. If any of y'all can't make it on thursday due to work/school/anything else, pm me and if several people can't make it then I'll switch dates.

Btw, thanks alot mica. We owe you one man. :)

Np dude. I made the corrections in the post. Hey, you got CoD? if so, you gotta show up. :p

EDIT: It copy and pasted just fine for me.

Last edited:
Papier said:
Np dude. I made the corrections in the post. Hey, you got CoD? if so, you gotta show up. :p

EDIT: It copy and pasted just fine for me.

some people get an error when copy and pasted, then try to log in.
I don't know why....but trust me, it happens.

sorry, no CoD. but have fun guys.

mica

looks like im gonna be able to play. :)

was just a driver conflict with punk buster and the cat 4.10's that was givin me problems. rolled back to 4.9's and everything is A ok. :thup:

A late night bump. I don't want to let this thread slide to the next page while I'm gone tomorrow till evening.

ok so even though i am not with CoD. Following Information has been planned

Practice:Tonight or Every Thursday at 8

XFire- A requirment

Teamspeak: On the BF:V Channel till SpeedJ can get you guys a channel. YOu can idle in the TeamSpeak Server just remember to go to the AFK Channel.

IRC: Please all members idle in IRC because first of all their are some great conversations that are funny to watch when you get back and because it is one of the only way to contact you.

I would really liek to see practice like 3 times per week. Piper i think you sohuld ask all members tonight what they would want. and choose day. Teamspeak you guys will get your own channel so t will be good. I recommend everyone getting a microphone and it can be a cheap $3 one. THis makes communication among members much easier.

Like i said jsut some suggestiosn from a friend. i wich i owned CoD but i don't. see you guys lata

heck mils, I think I'll just msg you on xfire. I have some good ideas about the clan, but I don't want to spoil it quite yet. ;)

EDIT: maybe it's best if you PM me your contact information.... :D

Bump for reminder. Starts in an hour.

Edit: Evidently I had the time wrong somehow or another.

Last edited:
Sorry, I cannot attend. My friend decided to ask me to comeover to a Halo 2 allnighter party at the last moment and I couldn't refuse. I'll try to be at practice next time she whips around.

Back