• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing my 8350 vs. 8120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1. You maybe another with a Vishera cpu that does not overclock frequecy wise as far as Zambezi overclocked.

2. Work done per clock of Vishera will be greater than Zambezi but some Vishera just don't clock as high.

3. These instances are becoming more frequent as users implement the Vishera cpu.

4. You might try lowering the CPU multiplier by 0.5 or even a full multiplier or "so" and jumping the FSB up some to approach the same overall CPU Mhz and you might do a little better.

The Vishera needs more vCore than Zambezi for any given clockspeed because of the way "Cyclos Inductors" work, which are a key component of the (partially implemented) resonant clock mesh design. If your temps are not an issue then dont worry about it. Clock for clock Vishera melts Zambezi so even if yours is clocked lower it should not be an issue.

+1 to RGone ..... if yolu are trying for your max OC ..... you will need to use more FSB in your OC.

+2

Even with my limited time with the FX-8350 I've found that the better overclocks are using a combination of FSB and multi.

so i could push the Vcore up to 1.6ish if my temps stay under 62c core. im just trying to find the max clocks lol. had my 8120 up to 4.8 @ 1.515 but 24/7 i ran it 4.2 @ 1.3ish. and i will bring the 8350 down to 4.5ish. but hey you all understand about trying to find max clocks or just the need to play lol

IF its for temporary just to get a score or two crank them volts! I pushed mine at 1.65 when I was benching it at 5Ghz+ just so I wouldn't have to adjust it again.

Back