• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ng GA-990FXA / AMD 965BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Most people don't or can't run the ram at 1600 mhz on the Deneb core CPUs as the IMC is a little weak.
Should be set and go. Either people are running generic ram or do not know what they be do...
1800+ can be hard sometimes.

It would not surprise me if every 965 BE on the market now does 4.2+ on air...they have been optimized for air/water use now, have had no worse than 2.8 GHz CPU-NB and 4.3 GHz out of 3 2012 chips on an H70.

LN2 scaling is a different story, they don't scale quite as well as the older CPUs.

You should be able to get a higher OC since you're using a H80, keep an eye on that NB temp though.

¿I'm the only one wondering why he increased the bus speed on a B.E.?

Last edited:
Is this true?

TMPIN0 = Mobo temp
TMPIN1 = CPU temp (mobo sensor)
TMPIN2 = NB temp

If this is the case, it seems like I have to put some attention as well to getting an after market NB heat sink. Suggestions?

TMPIN1 is actually the CPU socket, is irrelevant, never take that for your real CPU temp.

Yes, the NB gets got due to the poor HS and even poorer mounting mechanism.
Change the horrible pink paste it comes with and if you can, get some nuts and bolts to attach it more firmly to the PCB.

Back