• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 30gig Solid SSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if that is true then, you better off avoiding the Raid enclosure then. 170x2=340mb/s write and sataII is 300MB/s or in that range. that is one thing i couldnt make sure on is the SATAII spec 300MB/s max for either write/read or just one of them? it will be nice to see SATAIII finally fininshed and on boards. then that way when SATAIII raid controllers get made, spec the apex for sataIII and get the raid enclosure updated for it. That would make for one sweet single 3.5in drive. it is nice to see drives getting past raptor write speeds. if you come across that thread agian flopper1 could you post it? Im going to hit them up since, im working and got nothing better to do! LOL

already edited.
What I can conclude, been reading up on raid0, ssd, and my eyes now bleeds.
The best option, buy 4x30gb disks and a dedicated hardwarecard, same price or so as Intels ssd but with much better performance and 30gb extra.
Since I am on a budget, I also look for numbers for onboard raid0, and as it looks, they are not to shabby for a raid0 ssd set up.
2x60gb drives there seems to be a good balanced option.

I am just into new tech, my Vraptor runs as good I can ask, its just its "new" tech and playing with that is for me a treat.

thx for pictures ;)

$279 for raid card then $74.99x4 = $579 for the total package. yea kinda costly but way more space and much transfer speeds then the X25-M 80gig SSD. even if the apex drive had 1:1 with read/write speeds it would still be a good deal imo. since in the same range on my drive its over 100MB/s write speed. i need to track down a e-tailer that will stock that adata enclosure.

I would like to see this drive in action. Boot up time, game load time and general desktop usage!

gah more pushing! :) ok, well i will borrow the parents digi cam. hopefully it can take longer vids then the cannon i have. well i can say that starting IE is instant as well as outlook. it just waist on the internet to catch up and i got a 6mbp connection.

well i got a video of boot up into windows but not one doing both in one video. now shutdown will take a bit longer due to one of the registry tweaks suggested on OCZ forums. currently a non measurable test im doing, i have taken 1.48gigs of wav files copied them to another folder. now both folders are being compressed to the SDD while im surfing and checking email and IM's on trillian, so far no stuttering or pausing here.

O i do have a video of installing FF if anyone is interested. i LOL'd watching it install, click/click, installed,click FF opened. :O
I gots to get dom to host the vids, hope he isnt to busy.

Just to make sure, this is a V1 drive you have, correct? And the V2s are supposed to be faster than the V1s, and the V3's getting released, faster than the V2s?

When I have some free time tomorrow, I'll do these benchmarks with my drives. Cheetahs versus SSDs should be interesting :)

Just to make sure, this is a V1 drive you have, correct? And the V2s are supposed to be faster than the V1s, and the V3's getting released, faster than the V2s?
neither! its from the solid series :)
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/flash_drives/ocz_solid_series_sata_ii_2_5-ssd
its the vaule line of SSD's from OCZ, core v1/v2/v3 would be mainstream rightg now. V line is to be replaced with Apex as the new mainstream. soon we should see Vertex highend getting in retail channles.

thanks for sharing your results evil...i'm getting very tempted now.
yea NP bud, i should if things work out later on. the Adata raid encloser dual 2.5in to single 3.5in to mess with!

When I have some free time tomorrow, I'll do these benchmarks with my drives. Cheetahs versus SSDs should be interesting :)
sounds like a plan stan! i will run some HD tune and HD tach although i prefere not to cause of this. If you want something crazy! check this out!!

Wow, those numbers are crazy! I don't know about the second one, though. I could see 1-2gbps with 4 SSDs, but not 7.

neither! its from the solid series :)
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/flash_drives/ocz_solid_series_sata_ii_2_5-ssd
its the vaule line of SSD's from OCZ, core v1/v2/v3 would be mainstream rightg now. V line is to be replaced with Apex as the new mainstream. soon we should see Vertex highend getting in retail channles.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was under the impression that the Value series were their V1, Core was V2, and Apex\Vertex were going to be V3.

knew i should have bought that drive when it was 39.95 before x-mas

DOH!!

are you for real, where at? if you say newegg, im going to kick my self...

im going to host 2 vids from my photobucket so bandwidth might get exceeded rather fast. lol
links will be in first post soon.

still another note incased it was missed, i will do a shutdown vid but it will be longer then starting up. One of the tweaks did increase shutdown time by a bit... though shutdown to me seems normal compared to my 80gig seagate drive.

ordered 2 30gb drives, price was to good to pass up.
Raid0 using onboard should work fine until I get the vertex drives.
Pay the same as I did when I bought my raptor drive a few years back.

Back