• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocz 3700eb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They behave rather similarly to BH5 in every respect, except that they can't take CAS 2. They can take hi volts, and tight timings.

Code 4, are you using a half multiplier? If so, your memory is actually running a lot slower than you think it is.

I am running a half multi. CPUZ and Clockgen both show my RAM running at 266mzh. Is that not correct? I have great bandwidth at my current settings. Sandra is around 7300. I can not run the 9X multi at any speeds and my chip only has about 150mhz worth of an OC in it. So I am pretty limited on my other multiplier clocks.

Code 4 said:
I am running a half multi. CPUZ and Clockgen both show my RAM running at 266mzh. Is that not correct? I have great bandwidth at my current settings. Sandra is around 7300. I can not run the 9X multi at any speeds and my chip only has about 150mhz worth of an OC in it. So I am pretty limited on my other multiplier clocks.

im afraid so i was going to point out the same thing. CPU-Z, Clockgen, memtest and almost everyother Prog shows ram speeds wrong on A64

your ram is at "9.5 / 10" ratio when your using 9.5cpu multi

9.5x266htt=2527mhz (and if ram is at 1:1 in bios) your ram is at 252.7mhz.

you can test and see but 10x252.7htt (w/ 1:1 in bios) will almost undoubtedly give you exacly the same results.

a64 can be very misleading..

:bang head

so your ram is only at 252.7mhz

im sorry to inform you..

with a64, if you wish you ram to run at 1:1 there must be 3 things in place..

1. this is the obvious one, your ram must be set to 1:1(200mhz) in bios

2. you MAY NOT use half cpu multi(just incase your wondering half LDT multies are ok)

3. you MAY NOT use 4x cpu multi, because this will put your ram at 4:5..

-Jess-

Thanks for the info Jess. This AMD stuff has me so confused. Anyway, you were Right on. I ran 252x10 and it actually gives me a little more bandwidth. Thanks again.

Code 4 said:
Thanks for the info Jess. This AMD stuff has me so confused. Anyway, you were Right on. I ran 252x10 and it actually gives me a little more bandwidth. Thanks again.

it no problem man, A64 can be really really frusteration some times...

i remember when i first got mine, for almost a month and a half all i could do was

:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :mad: :argue: ........

lol

and alot of times, this is the case, as you noticed, that using a whole multi, and bringing the bus down, running ram at 1:1, will have slightly greater performance....

GL
-Jess-

Back