• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED OCZ 600w powerstream (600-ADJ)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Hey I've got a 600w OCZ psu with the adjustable rails in the rear and about 2 weeks ago it would shut itself off from time to time. No heat issues, but randomly.

I opened it up and dusted the hell out of it to be sure, but I did notice that when I moved the AC cable I would hear a snap/crackle noise of sorts and it would shut itself down.

After unplugging it and letting it sit for about a week I opened it up again to inspect. Found the 3pin male connector pins inside the unit were loose. I can actually wiggle them with my finger :eek:

So I cannibalized an old 700w unit and did my soldering job to remove the defective 3pin and replace it with a new one..success! :D (I luv my soldering skillz!).

Anyways after the repairs and reinstalled the psu and powered up. No problems at all now, but I did notice that with hardware monitor the rails were a bit on the low side especially the 3.3v line. It was down to 3.20 :eh?:
However the rig remained on.

Using my trusty Craftsman DMM I started to adjust the rails to within spec. The 12v & 5v lines are pretty much spot on, but the 3.3v line has me worried. For HWM to show normal ( 3.3v are there abouts) I have to crank it to 3.45 using the DMM :-/

Now when I adjust it to to be shown on the DMM to 3.3v, then HWM goes below 3.15 :(

Question is should I adjust it to 3.45v via DMM so in HWM it'll read 3.3v or not rely on HWM and just adjust it to 3.3v via DMM and be done?

This is an old setup (775) so I just want it to run normal with it frying, lol.

Ignore HWMonitor, use the DMM.
HWMonitor uses the onboard voltage sensors, sensors made absolutely as cheaply as possible. Then HWMonitor guesses at the proper translation factor, often missing.

Set it to 3.3v on the DMM :D

Back