• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ DDR Chips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raven

Hey guys, I'm looking to pick up a 2 x 512 kit to hold me over for a while, while I do some video editing and before I start putting together a new rig. Currently I have a 2 x 256 set running at 214MHz 2-2-2-5 and would love a set of sticks able to match that or even exceed it. One of my local stores might have access to these two following OCZ sets:

• OCZ4331024ELDCGEGX-K -- OCZ DDR Gold Gamers eXtreme 1GB (2x512) PC 3500 433Mhz 2-2-2-5 @2.8V
  • OCZ4331024ELGEGXT-K -- OCZ Gold GX 1GB (2x512) EL DDR PC-3500 XTC Dual Channel

Now, I have done some searching and have come across info that both of these sets sport UTT-BH chips. So, am I correct to assume that they do or have these places got it wrong?
Also, what have been some speeds that you guys have gotten with these sticks? I will be pairing them with an Abit AI7, so they will have the option of being fed 3.2 volts. Therefor, I am not worried about not having enough juice to give.

Thanks for any help you guys!

Raven

Original BH-5 and UTT sometimes didn't play well together. Why don't you consider these instead?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=530700

Kingston HyperX 2x512MB for $40. Shipping is only to the lower 48 so you might have to offer a little extra to get them shipped to you, but I would think that it would be a better deal. Even though these are PC3000, they should work with your current set.

If not these, then just check some of the other Forums like Anandtech...seems like you can always find BH-5 ram for sale there these days.

Thanks for the heads up Reefa, but schoolwork got in the way again as I was unable to get in contact with the seller in time. As for other forums, I'll have a look-see to see if I can come up with anything. I'm also currently keeping my eye out for some BH-5 on a local BST forum, so maybe I'll strike gold there soon.

In the mean time I just wanted to clarify that I will be taking out my current sticks (BH) and, if I cannot find anything at anandtech in the next few days, sticking in one of the two kits that I mentioned in my first post. Now my questions still remain then.... Which of these kits are BH or UTT? And can anyone comment on how much they have pushed these sticks in the past?

Back