• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ gold PC4000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Those are UTTT chips and you should be able to get a maximum OC out of them with about 2.9 volts, which many mobos can provide. Don't look for huge overclocks as they are already rated at ddr500, but they should provide all the flexibility you will need in any NF4 system.

Well I just ordered a pair so we shall find out how far I can push them once they get here. I just figured that I can get a little higher out of the DDR500 vs DDR400. :cool:

We are talking about apples and oranges. You can get a 271 MHz overclock out of those chips with 2.9 volts, which was my statement. The folks at xtreme can pump all the voltage they care to to get those tighter timings, but not without significant risks to the ram, the mobo and the CPU. It's an expensive game of Russian Roulette that most people would rather not play.

I know I am not going to put that much voltage through the ram after spending this kind of money on it. I prefer to keep it for a while. :)

rseven said:
We are talking about apples and oranges. You can get a 271 MHz overclock out of those chips with 2.9 volts, which was my statement.
I don't remember seeing one single example of that. Not to be difficult, but I can't see it your way. Unlike with most chips, loosening the timings of Winbond BH/CH RAM hardly allow for higher overclocks - that's pretty much an established fact. Some hit the wall at 250 MHz, after trying many combinations of timings and voltages. The CH series require even higher voltage than BH for moderate overclocks, even though high voltage probably does more damage to CH.

metloaf said:
I know I am not going to put that much voltage through the ram after spending this kind of money on it. I prefer to keep it for a while. :)

Lets just hope it clocks well, I've got the same ram, opteron and motherboard coming :)

_damien_ said:
I don't remember seeing one single example of that. Not to be difficult, but I can't see it your way. Unlike with most chips, loosening the timings of Winbond BH/CH RAM hardly allow for higher overclocks - that's pretty much an established fact. Some hit the wall at 250 MHz, after trying many combinations of timings and voltages. The CH series require even higher voltage than BH for moderate overclocks, even though high voltage probably does more damage to CH.

while it is true that the winbond VX ch based chips take a great deal of volts these are NOT the gold vx ch die chips.They didn't/don't make ch/bh die ram in 1 gig sticks.

I was just wondering, anyone here know how high on average these chips will go? and what voltage they may like?

If they run anything like the 2x512s they should hit 260 easy but 266 would be even sweeter. I've had the 512s at 2.5-4-4-8, 2.75V and 265(DDR530) solid. I've since dropped back of the multi to 200 and 2.5-3-3-8, 2.75V and 245. The bandwidth went from 6753 to 6843 and my Sandys is up over 2.7 now :attn:
Keep us posted on what you get from them.

AlabamaCajun said:
If they run anything like the 2x512s they should hit 260 easy but 266 would be even sweeter. I've had the 512s at 2.5-4-4-8, 2.75V and 265(DDR530) solid. I've since dropped back of the multi to 200 and 2.5-3-3-8, 2.75V and 245. The bandwidth went from 6753 to 6843 and my Sandys is up over 2.7 now :attn:
Keep us posted on what you get from them.

I would be more then happy with those numbers. Im looking to hit a stable oc of around 2.7 ghz to use daily. Of course.. that wont stop me from finding out my max :attn:

I will definately update this post sometime this week after my rig is up and running with some preliminary results:)

Avenix said:
I would be more then happy with those numbers. Im looking to hit a stable oc of around 2.7 ghz to use daily. Of course.. that wont stop me from finding out my max :attn:

I will definately update this post sometime this week after my rig is up and running with some preliminary results:)
BTW :welcome: Avenix,
Can't wait to see what you get on it!.

AlabamaCajun said:
BTW :welcome: Avenix,
Can't wait to see what you get on it!.

Hey! Thanks very much for the welcome.. Ive been lurking for the better part of some years , but you can see from my reg date there i've been around for a while, I've just been dying to get my hands on this ram though.:)

Mine should be here on the 10th, then I can finnaly play with this rig and find out how much I can push it and still be stable and yes, I would be happy with the above mentioned numbers as well. :beer:

Back