• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ or Corsair?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would get the Patriot stuff. It is a great buy for it's price and yes it uses TCCD chips on a brainpower PCB.

Okay thanks KoolDrew.

Sorry to ask such a n00bish question, I don't understand ram very well.
What is meant by brainpower PCB?

Thanks to whoever replies!

Quattro said:
Okay.... That confused me.

Heh, really it is personal choice I guess. One person will say one thing about a specific type, one will say something different about it. Basically you want to check to make sure that they are using the TCCD chips and I believe that all of them do, then pick which one you want. I agree that the Patriot is good quality ram at a very resonable price. But you can't deny the customer service of OCZ if there are any problems. I am not sure of Patriots service due to limited experience w/them (not saying either bad or good here).

The PCB stands for "Printed Circuit Board". Brainpower is a mfg. of the PCB that the actual memory chips are connected to. And in these cases has been tested to show actual performance gains over the standard JDEC reference design. Check here for a good review of the TCCD modules with Brainpower PCBs vs. the reference design.

Thanks for helping me out there, and thanks for the link.
If anyone else has a link to a good review/comparison/guide for memory please let me know!

I have decided to buy the Patriot ram.

If you want to know how it performs, drop a post here and I'll post back what it can do. Should the here tommorow!

I would be interested as to how it performs. Please, let us know what kind of performance you get out of these puppies!

Bad news....
Just got onto my vendor, they won't have the RAM in stock for another 7-10 days.
Very very dissapointed as I was really looking forward to getting them!

Thanks for showing interest.

Bleh, sorry to hear that, but at least it give you something to sit there and think about for a whole extra week or more.... :cry:

Yeah, I'll see if I can afford a heatsink upgrade this month as well.
Moneys a bit tight, car insurance this month :sick:

It'll probably be nearer mid Jan before I actually get them.. :(

Back