• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocz Vertex 2 50gb / 60gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah man, I thought I sent you a pm? it died... did everything, even on engr'ng mode, still wasn't detected in bios :( and I missed that deal on tigerdirect so qq atm. Was only looking around $120-$130 to spend. The Vertex Ex Le is using SF controllers, just like the vertex 2 60gb and no performance difference. I will prolly go for the Vertex 2, hoping a good deal coming soon.

EDIT: Newegg doesn't have the 60gb agility available so they are issuing me a refund.

Last thing I got from you was the speeds of the drive on 7/2. I'll keep an eye on this one...

isn't the 50 5k IOPS, and t he 60 is 10K iops

I just bought the 60 gig agility 2 (well my fiance did for me :p) i've read so many good things about it, and i hope it doesnt die like yours did

My first vertex went boom too :/

This one has been pretty solid though. Hasn't slowed down or anything. Health is at about 77% though, so i'm not sure how long it will last :/

yeah wanted to get them at newegg... coz I have credit there :(

is it true though? C300 > Vertex 2?

In read speeds but not writes, vertex2 reads and writes are around the same:
# Sequential Access - Read: up to 285MB/s
# Sequential Access - Write: up to 275MB/s

C300 writes are faster then the intels but not much.

Personally, I would stick with the Vertex 2. While writes aren't all important, the reads are indeed faster on the Vertex 2, unless you have a sata 6gb/s port. Then by all means go with the C300.

Personally, I would stick with the Vertex 2. While writes aren't all important, the reads are indeed faster on the Vertex 2, unless you have a sata 6gb/s port. Then by all means go with the C300.

yeah my mobo supports sata 6gb/s :)

Back