• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ ZX 1250 or Corsair HX 1050

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ripsaw

Registered
Need help deciding between these two power supplies. I will be doing a 3 way SLI down the road, not sure if 580's (have one) or 3x 660ti. Will both these power supplies be sufficient? They're both the same price before rebate, OCZ is 20 cheaper after (179-30). I've heard bad things about OCZ, but cant seem to find any negative reviews on this particular PSU. Help please! Would like to order tonight/tomorrow. Thankyou.
EDIT: this will be a z77 board, maybe ROG Maximus V Extreme. I7 probably 3770K.

I would say corsair, just for peace of mind. they always seem to take care of the consumer if there are any issues

They're 250W ea at stock. 750W + 120 for an OCed 3770K + 50W for the rest. Puts you at 920W. It can be done on 1050, but not much overclocking headroom.

As long as you don't touch the voltage slider, yes.
If you touch the voltage slider, no.

Look for reviews of that specific PSU. OCZ makes some very good ones and has made some very poor ones.
3x660Ti will fit easily with lots of room to spare.

I think i'm going to go with the ocz, as i might get into water cooling down the road as well (overvolting).

Again, cant seem to find any negative reviews.....so 150 after rebate sounds like a good deal to me ;)
Thanx everyone

Back