• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd OC problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demien88

So I powered on pc this morning to be greeted with hard reset after few seconds I let it boot up normally. Once inside windows I noticed some cores have gone down to 1.4 ghz. Now I wouldn't be so surprised if OC wasn't stable but it survived one hour in prime 95 with some minor fluctuations in speed about 50mhz up and down. This only happend when I was setting up OC for the first time, it was set on 4.3 for about 6 months before this happend so thats why its so strange.
I fixed this speed lock by changing vcore a bit saving then entering bios again and setting vcore as it was before.
Should I be worried? What could go wrong BIOS, PSU, OC itself?

Could be something with the PSU or the board or just a crappy windows update. Just keep an eye on things. If it persists then it'll need to be routed out.

It happend even during summer when it was at 4.2 with or without hard reset same "fix". How to be sure which component is causing this?

Could be a bad driver. If a blue screen was involved then install the free program, "Who Crashed." It can provide some general guidance as to the reason for the blue screens.

No BSOD of any sort no errors nothing, it happens on startup of machine second after i press power, and thats it later like nothing happend after said "fix"

Back