• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

odd stability issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slaytalera

ok my PC's has some strange stability issues lately, could it be to the fact that when i moved back to the US, they scaned the container(the large ones that are carried on ships) w/ the X-Ray it might have damaged something? first the DVD drive wouldnt open so i replaced it, than i realized that it obviosly wasnt getting enough juice, as the new DVD drive would rev half way and drop again(like a car out of gas), so i replaced the 180 watt power supply w/ a new antec 350w unit, it was fine, than i installed Call of Duty:Game of the Year Edition, and now it wont start a new game. also i have HUGE issues when i put Medal of Honer in to try and install it, the PC freezes up and locks, than windows "restarts". other than that it was running fine, now it starts crashing in game, and i cant get into BIOS, it says something about a media cable needs to be checked, i really dont have cash to spend on a new PC any idea as to what the hell happened?

Reset the CMOS. Something you should always do after transporting a machine across a long distance.
If you still have problems it's a good idea to reinstall windows cleanly as well.

And X-Ray radiation will not affect computer parts. If it did, the multitude of hardware that's made abroad would have some serious problems.

thnx, how do u reset the CMOS?

EDIT: never mind i found the how to, thnx again

Back