• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Beta Boinc X64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i've been compiling boinc in 64bit linux for months. the only problem is that a number of projects don't have 64bit support...I think WCG was the only one I was able to download work from. Any word on SETI supporting 64bit platforms?

Update: I never could get the 64 bit version of boinc to download anything. Tried the standard 32 bit version and worked just fine. Hpmmh, maybe they turned the 64 bit clients off?

I have vista 64bit and it installs but wont download any wu either, im thinking the projects need to have a 64 bit version to work, the benchmark mine made was more then double in drystone i believe

Yeah. I have been using the old client I found (different thread) and won't be home to that pc until later this week. I have been on holidays for almost 3 weeks so I have been on the laptop. I will be torturing things come next week again though. :D

I think it is a Vista x64 client but may or may not work for windows x64. If you check the other thread I started there should be a link to a x64 client that works on windows xp x64

i don't think SETI has 64bit support yet. Like I said before, I've been compiling boinc for months in 64bit linux, and all I can ever get to work is WCG. There are work arounds where you can download the 32bit programs and specifically tell the 64bit boinc client to use them, but I think that's more trouble than it's worth.

i just recompiled 5.8.15 using x86_64 in my CHOST and boinc still won't grab wu from seti or CPDN, only WCG. I also downloaded the official 5.9.11 x86_64 archive and i get the same results.

so it looks like on linux you still need the 32bit boinc client :/

Back