• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official BF2 clan of OCF! [OCG]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am talking with Wedo through PM. It looks like his server will be put into comission. It also looks like we will have to pay 80/month.

If no one else is that good as a commander I could fill the position if needed (but i'd much rather be in the air). Also just because we don't play other classes doesn't mean we can't switch to them when we need it.

1. BF2 name- [OCG]Wicked Klown
2. Kit most often used-Spec Ops
3. Land or air vehicle best at-Helicopter
4. Position in best land or air vehicle(i.e, gunner, pilot, etc.)-pilot
5. Average playing time-not sure
6. Best way to be contacted-PM here or at OCG

1. BF2 name- XPC_SniperXX
2. Kit most often used- Engineer/Medic/Assult (I am mostly Engineer, but I switch when needed)
3. Land or air vehicle best at- Attack Helo
4. Position in best land or air vehicle(i.e, gunner, pilot, etc.)- Pilot or gunner, Im good @ both
5. Average playing time- 1-2hrs a day
6. Best way to be contacted- AIM or PM

I dunno about server rental but I got a dedicated server in a datacenter and running TS on it. My friends and I use it time to time, its alot more fun chatting and playing.

1. BF2 Name- BioVader
2. Kits- Assault (G3)/Sniper (M95)
3. Land/Air- Attack Choppers
4. Possition- Pilot
5. Average playing time- 1-2-3 hours a day (126 hour game time to date)
6. Contact- Xfire:BioVader or PM via www.team-undercover.com

So what are we going to be using? TS or Vent.. I have a Vent server that I can upgrade. ventrilo://vision.pure-voice.net:3278/servername=Undercover ([OCG])

Full Stats
44689236.png

44689236.png

Teamspeak is easiest to setup, and i have a decent server available untill we get our own up.

Adress is www.eutf.org:8767

You don't have registered or admin privileges though, a registered user will have to move you into a channel.

Sjaak said:
You don't have registered or admin privileges though, a registered user will have to move you into a channel.

Well I hope you let us register... Nothing I hate more then sitting in a TS lobby with knowone to help you... :shrug:

BioVader said:
Well I hope you let us register... Nothing I hate more then sitting in a TS lobby with knowone to help you... :shrug:

Well it's not my private server - it's from my Raven Shield clan. We pay for the server and the maintainence so letting random people in isn't appreciated. If you want to play with me, i will move you.

@ jack

That link you posted, i'd say we go for the 32 or 64 player ranked one. We just need to make an inventory of people willing to play and pay.

16 player ranked: 9,35 per slot
32 player ranked: 5,40 per slot
64 player ranked: 3,50 per slot
64 player unranked: 1,90 per slot

I don't know if a ranked / unranked is best. I mean, unranked is going to be skipped by alot of people simply because of the filters in BF2, but it's way cheaper. I don't care much for points but getting an upgrade once in awhile would be nice. I will gladly pay 5,40 a month for a slot in a ranked server, but how many will be with me?

Some more things we need to figure out:

- Any other offers on servers that may be cheaper?
- Who's gonna do financial and member administration?
- How are we going to pay? Paying for a year ahead will save some i think.

- Once the server is up and running we need administrators, enough to make sure that there is always one nearby to kick a random dude when a member wants to join. Maybe make people who want to be an admin pay a little more? (i'd like to)

- Way after that comes organisation. As a clan we need to practice at regular times and try to organise battles. We need to have set squads, commanders and such. If you are in need of air support, you must know whom to call for help.

Last edited:
So what happens if you get 20 guys showing up and your not there to move them? Doesn't seem like it would be a good choice..

BioVader said:
So what happens if you get 20 guys showing up and your not there to move them? Doesn't seem like it would be a good choice..

It's only for temporary use, for guys playing with me.

Last edited:
Sjaak, Wedo is setting up a server. He is setting up a 64 player server. To make it officialy ranked we are going to have to pay 80/month. I think that is very doable. I can contribute more then 10 the first time so we can get this started.

Alright, i just added up however much everyone said that they could donate and it came to 50$, includeing me paying 15.

I'm not sure how we are going to be getting this money. Alot of us don't have jobs and the ones with jobs need their money. I am sure we will find away.

jack222 said:
Sjaak, Wedo is setting up a server. He is setting up a 64 player server. To make it officialy ranked we are going to have to pay 80/month. I think that is very doable. I can contribute more then 10 the first time so we can get this started.

Alright, i just added up however much everyone said that they could donate and it came to 50$, includeing me paying 15.

I'm not sure how we are going to be getting this money. Alot of us don't have jobs and the ones with jobs need their money. I am sure we will find away.

How do the other servers (of OCG) get money is my question?

ok since money will be involved, lets make sure a mod/admin here gets invlovled, no need to send this strait to hell becuase we didnt want to cover ourselves by actual authority. i am not blaming anybody, just stating we should do this procedurely. thats all

and at 80 bucks a month, i think we can get a few more folks to pay. :D

jcw122 said:

well most of the other servers are just privately owned ones. and like UT and BF: DC its a free game, so you just run it as a regular server, and the master server sees it and you are good, thats all.

BioVader said:

I got a TS server we could use. Its on my friend's and my dedicated webserver. Bandwidth would be no prob so I could help with that. :)

I believe Wedo said we could setup a TS or Vent server on his server. I may have misread his pm but i think that's what he said.

jcw122 said:

shard said:
well most of the other servers are just privately owned ones. and like UT and BF: DC its a free game, so you just run it as a regular server, and the master server sees it and you are good, thats all.

Ok first UT was and is not a free game and DC is just a mod, so without BF1942 it did nothing. When OCG first started up SpeeDj had Net B set up al our servers including a TS one. J was paying for all of them and members of each clan was sending in money to cover the price of their clans server. This however didn't always work out and more then once J was stuck paying the full amount by himself. Lastly all servers were public ones.

Back