• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official BF2 clan of OCF! [OCG]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well this is awesome....we got a few things to work out but we'll be fraggin in no time.

also:

I think a ranked server is a must, I'll even pay a bit extra if thats what it comes down to.

Are we going to have try outs....or should this only apply to people who join at a later date?

What type of server will we be getting? I don't know much about them.

Wicked_Klown said:
server. This however didn't always work out and more then once J was stuck paying the full amount by himself. Lastly all servers were public ones.

That's why we need to work it out carefully.

jcw122-Either it has 1 person that pays for everything or have everyone chip in money.
seven-I think you will have to make a premier or business account since personal accounts cannot accept debit or credit card payments but u can get it withdrawled from your bank in a personal account
I probaly could give some money dont want to say how much and then later idont have any to give

Sjaak said:
That's why we need to work it out carefully.

Exactly.

Now, i am at a neighbor's house right know fixing their pc. I shall get about 100$ for the job. I will pay the first month in full just so we can get this ball rolling.

I will be PM'ing 1 or 2 people about a position as they are to be way trusted.

I know. I didn't mean i'd be throwing out money.

What i meant is once we get everything ready to go, i am offering just to put 80$ up and pay the first month just so it gives people more time to get their money setup.

Questions:

1. What is our team name? Are we going to use [OCG] or some other derivative of "OC" something?

2. Do we need a website or are we going to use the [OCG] forums?

I need to know before I make the space on the server so I can assign a specific IP to a specific domain. I'll buy the domain, register it, and set it up on my server.

BTW: It's a sick server. LiquidWeb offers some insane dual OC48 connection and the rig is always up and ready to go. With the 30-40 webs we have on it now the cpu load rarely goes over 5% and the memory usage is next to nothing.

In other words, it's prime for a little pwnage. :D

I can also arrange to pay for the first $80 monthly fee with my business credit card (tax write off) and we can work out how people will donate money later.

:edit: Vent or TS can be run on my server as well. Shouldn't have a problem at all with running both and my webs since these server companies are running multiple, as many as 6 I've heard though it could be more, 64 person servers on one box.

:thup: Wedo

Let's be [OCG]...however im not gonna put it in my name because that would require me to change nickname in BF2.

Someone should contact EA about the payment and stuff needed in order to become a ranked server.

Sjaak said:
:thup: Wedo

Let's be [OCG]...however im not gonna put it in my name because that would require me to change nickname in BF2.

Someone should contact EA about the payment and stuff needed in order to become a ranked server.

Wait a minute... I hope I am mistaken here, but after checking the EA site it seems that the only way to get a ranked server is to rent it from them... that can't be right. Someone lead me to the $80 a month for this bullsheet ranked payment please.

Wedo said:
Wait a minute... I hope I am mistaken here, but after checking the EA site it seems that the only way to get a ranked server is to rent it from them... that can't be right. Someone lead me to the $80 a month for this bullsheet ranked payment please.

I read somewhere that such are the costs to become ranked.

I'm pretty sure you can have your own server. A brother of a friend of mine from wolfgaming got ranked for free because they had been running decent DC servers for years.

Hm i'm losing it here.

EA site only talks about hiring servers from them for the ridiculous price of 8$ per slot per month (thats nearly 500 per month for a 64 player one :eek: )

I just read.

You cannot host your own ranked server!

Well that sucks. You have to contact EA directly which i am about to do but i read in a couple placed you need to rent from them or something.

Do you guys still want to do a unranked server? Or just screw it all together?

I'd like to still set the server up but i am not sure about the rest of you.

Let's continue building the clan, ranked or not ranked. Maybe if we become succesful (lmao), we can afford to hire a ranked server later on.

Now we only have to deal with the cost that Wedo has to make to keep his server running. For the rest: continue normally :) Make a list of everyone interested then contact them by mail and hold elections.

Ok first paymnets were worked out before but sometimes life gets in the way. Second if it is to be an OCG clan you must wear the [OCG] tag. This would not be a prob if the server is unranked as you wouldn't be unlocking kits and such anyways. After all being in a clan is not bout what guns you have it's about playing with friends and having a good time plus kicking the crap out of those who take us on.

I have sent a email to bfhq to ask if this is possible.I have seen it is and it isnt but nothing on their site so hope they reply soon.
Need to figure out how we our goin to make people leaders and admins.We cant do elections because not everyone knows each other.

I am going to talk it over with Wedo, Sjaak and myself. And also Speedj if i can get ahold of him.

One more thing guys, I talked to Oni about making a new thread about this, but he hasn't responded yet...

Would any of you be interested/willing to participate in a community BF2 movie of some sort? We could do something funny (think of the Leeroy Video and what that did for the Pals guild), or a stunt video (I have some ideas that havent been done before, and would be truly impressive to watch), or even a serious story-based video (Think of the BF2 intro movie with a bit more...story...and more carnage and stuff).

Sorry for the thread jack, but this could be one of our first clan activities per se, and would be a great way to get us all together and could even get us some new members if we throw in a plug if everything works out.

What do ya say?

Back