• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official BF2 clan of OCF! [OCG]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Actually, if we use BattleRecorder, there is no HUD or anything, so you wouldn't be able to tell, unless we stopped the vid, put an arrow in and text that said "DEAD Wicked_Klown".

Anybody have any comic genious? Or anybody particularly good at stunts? (I can actually do the thing where you put the RIB [boat] vertically and fly planes pretty well :D). Or can anybody come up with a good storyline?

I was putting C4 on a ladder and taking one step up, jumping off and blowing the C4. I would go SOOOOOO high. :D

It sounds like a neat idea. Let's get the clan situated first. After we get that all setup, then that could be one of the first things we do on the server.

Basiclly, we are waiting on the server(Thanks a million again wedo). Then fill the server admin position's, a server side admin and we are pretty set.

To technical at the moment..

1) Don't see to many people wasting their time on a non-ranked server. It takes long enough to get your global up now.

2) How about just setting up an [OCG] TS server for everyone to connect to. List the address and play together for a little while before going to much further.

3) Refer back to #2

So please set up the TS server so that you can get guys connected.. Something for everyone to use.

theres servers that have, gotin over 40 ranked servers from ea, they are selling the slots for 5 dollers.. since they are makin more moeny then they are givvin out they are able to do that. u can see it when your loading games. and i checked it out too.

also if u want, i could set up forums, or a domain .. like ocbattlefield.com ..or whatnot. i dont care on the price.. and i can get some webspace for petty cheep. all depends on what we gona do..

also .. can someone message me about teamspeak.. i got noooo idea how to use it..lol
ALSO, we gota get some time table thing workin out right now.. if we want to ..we can use my forums.. (thats got a million people on it..i sware [..well..i am starting to talk to myself...] ) .. casue imo ..i think we should keep this outta ocg... i donno...

but we need some place to chat besides ocf gaming forums..lol

BioVader said:
To technical at the moment..

1) Don't see to many people wasting their time on a non-ranked server. It takes long enough to get your global up now.

2) How about just setting up an [OCG] TS server for everyone to connect to. List the address and play together for a little while before going to much further.

3) Refer back to #2

So please set up the TS server so that you can get guys connected.. Something for everyone to use.

Yea we should just leech onto a public server thats out there now and play a bit with TS.

I'm kinda disappointed about the whole ranked server junk (gotta love ea). If it takes $5 or $8 to go ranked I still think this is a better option than a cheaper non ranked server.

But guys, Wedo is setting up a TS AND BF2 64 player server on HIS server!

If you want it to be ranked, why not go play somewhere else. I don't see why after you get your upgrades, you have a problem having loads of fun with a clan, even though it is unranked. We might could even enter tournaments.

If you just be pacient, it is all hapenning.

And i have played alot with some OC people on random TS server's.

jack222 said:
But guys, Wedo is setting up a TS AND BF2 64 player server on HIS server!

And i have played alot with some OC people on random TS server's.

The thing is that not to many people are going to play on a non-ranked server. Just have a TS server setup so that we have meeting place and go play on other servers. It would be just like having your own but without the cost...

One thing at a time...

Well just skimmed this thread. I'd be interested in joining, contributing towards the clan. I won't be available to play for another week or so, system is being built, waiting on parts. Even if we aren't ranked, or go on other's servers, it'll give us a chance to get used to one another and work together.
Also, I'm only on the demo now, I picked up the full version but haven't gotten it installed because I was switching rigs. I'm a little behind you all in skillls, but I can put some practice hours up at college like nothing. I really wanted good people to work with because I mainly play with a lot of newbs and teamkillers on the demo. Always wanted to have the groups actually work together.

BTW
1. BF2 name- godofgorks (can be altared)
2. Kit most often used- sniper, special forces, or whatever is needed for given situation flexible in learning
3. Land or air vehicle best at- like to work on foot a lot
4. Position in best land or air vehicle(i.e, gunner, pilot, etc.)- gunner, still earning my wings
5. Average playing time- usually play at least an hour, up to 5 in a session
6. Best way to be contacted- pm or email godofgorks |at| yahoo |dot| com

Edit: AIM is also good. :)

Last edited:
Sound very interesting, I'd be willing to join. Don't know many people here but figured it would be a great way to have fun and get to know everyone better. If you guys decide on getting a site up for it I can donate web space (I run a web hosting company). I'd also be willing to donate $20-$50 a month for server costs, the admin's time, etc. if needed. My suggestion is to start a mailing list for those who are interested so we can be kept up to date on the progress of this. At this point it seems like we haven't decided on whether we want a ranked server or not. Should we decide on that first? Personally, it doesn't matter to me. I just want to play and have a good time. With that said, here is my BF2 info...

BF2 name: DrinkingBinge
Kit most often used: Assault/Spec Ops
Land or air vehicle best at: Jeep/Tanks
Position in best land: Courteous Driver or Gunner
Average playing time: Varies (I make my own hours so I can play whenever)
Best way to be contacted: IM, PM, or e-mail

If we arn't going to have a ranked server than i'm out. If we need more donations for one then I guess i'll be able to send some money.

I need one simple thing to set up our "free" unranked server (mumble, snark, f'ing EA)... I need a domain name.

Give me a domain name that I can register for our clan. Even if it's just a one page site that says "We're from OCG so go there, here's the link" so that the server has a specific IP for the unranked server.

This same IP will also carry our TS server.

Some suggestions:

www.cocked-locked-and-overclocked.com
www.overclocked-and-angry.com
www.deathbyOC.com
www.BF2-Overclcockers.com
www.Overclockers-BF2-clan.com

I say we practice on our freebie unranked until we figure out what we're doing with $$$ for a ranked deal. I also emailed EA about paying for the ranked server but I don't expect an answer anytime this year. :(

I did some looking, and it seems the only way to get a ranked servicer, is to rent one from EA or one of its partners.

OCGBF2.com looks nice and simple :)

I wont say I will join the clan or not (time/schedueling issues), but I look forward to fraggin' with y'all.

9mmCensor said:
I did some looking, and it seems the only way to get a ranked servicer, is to rent one from EA or one of its partners.

OCGBF2.com looks nice and simple :)

I wont say I will join the clan or not (time/schedueling issues), but I look forward to fraggin' with y'all.

Would have to say that OCGBF2.com would be a place for members of ocforums.com to meet and just play the game... Not sure if I really want to take the time to play in a league setting... Had enough of that with CS...

I like the idea of just getting together on the unranked server for awhile until we get all the bugs worked out and a stong support of members. Then start having a membership fee or something like that when we go over to ranked.

Although cocked-locked-and-overclocked.com sounds really sweet, ocgbf2.com is just plain, simple, and to the point. I'm a function over form kind of person. :)

Back