• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Diablo III Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would avoid using jewelcrafting at all costs. (*edit* except for creating higher gems) I find you can usually get something worthwhile from kadala and those only cost you 10 blood shards. Plus you have the add benefit of hopefully getting a legendary or two over the course of a few dozen buys. Ideal stats to increase your damage/toughness are:

main stat
vitality or all resist
critical strike
critical hit damage

You can easily obtain something simialr through kadala and reforge if necessary which is leaps and bounds cheaper than 5 x imperial gems.

Just wanna leave these here haha.

If this isnt a world record... then I dunno man.. (self buffed, am curious how another monk and warcry would bring it)

Screenshot024_zpsf327d04a.jpg

can hit 3000 resist all now haha

Screenshot023_zpse56a0f7a.jpg

2mil sheet damage :D

Screenshot013_zpse5ed58b3.jpg

Obviously all of these are gag builds and pretty much useless of course. Would be nice if it was sustainable on any of them.

Thats pretty sweet :) I think i've seen someone on twitch showing off 450m toughness but i have no idea what kind of build/gear/cooldowns he had going on his monk because it was a screenshot.

Props to you though :)

What were your % damage reductions showing? out of curiosity

I like my barbarian with the armored leap, im just under 10m unbuffed toughness, war cry boosts that up to just under 12 and then when i leap i get about 6M toughness for each baddy i land on lol, ive seen 50m+ toughness, ive got screenshots but im at work will post once i get home

Okay so I just started playing again yesterday. I have done SOME reading, but am I right that you now cannot trade/buy/sell anything to anyone. Unless its an item you find that you want to give to one of your fiends within a 2 hour window?

Edit: Also just to say, this game is very playable on 720p med/high settings with the Haswell graphics.

Last edited:
Okay so I just started playing again yesterday. I have done SOME reading, but am I right that you now cannot trade/buy/sell anything to anyone. Unless its an item you find that you want to give to one of your fiends within a 2 hour window?

Edit: Also just to say, this game is very playable on 720p med/high settings with the Haswell graphics.

Any legendary/set items you find now are only tradeable with people you're in game with when you find it. On the item it will list those players incase you go to a new game. Plans/gems/crafting materials in reaper of souls are all bind on account. The only items you'll be able to freely give trade to anyone are rare items

Hope it doesn't kill the game for me, after all my characters are leveled and I feel like I am satisfied with my items. Collecting already feels pointless, what's the stash for now? Why have it so large?

It's great until you want to play the mid-higher Torment levels. Then you have to grind like crazy and gamble a lot of money away. All so you can get gear that is only 5-10% better than the previous set. Rinse repeat. I think the new loot system and expansion were great. But as with the original, I can only do this all so many times.

Last edited:
It's great until you want to play the mid-higher Torment levels. Then you have to grind like crazy and gamble a lot of money away. All so you can get gear that is only 5-10% better than the previous set. Rinse repeat. I think the new loot system and expansion were great. But as with the original, I can only do this all so many times.

Yeah, I'm about BIS for my monk. Now its just tedious grinding and Im frankly bored to death. All so I can upgrade my silly andariels? haha :shrug::bang head

Im probably done playing until the next big content patch comes out, even then we'll see.

Thats pretty sweet :) I think i've seen someone on twitch showing off 450m toughness but i have no idea what kind of build/gear/cooldowns he had going on his monk because it was a screenshot.

Props to you though :)

What were your % damage reductions showing? out of curiosity

I actually have done more tweaking, and got my build over a BILLION, but theres a barb with 4.1billion who smashed me haha. I DO have the dubious honor of the highest resist all on battle.net though haha. %dmg reductions were roughly 85% in that picture IIRC.

Yeah, I'm about BIS for my monk. Now its just tedious grinding and Im frankly bored to death. All so I can upgrade my silly andariels? haha :shrug::bang head

Im probably done playing until the next big content patch comes out, even then we'll see.

Yes, that is exactly what I was foreseeing for myself. The game seems easier too. I just got into hard settings with my level 65 witch doctor and I'm blowing through bounties and rift runs like its nothing.

Hope it doesn't kill the game for me, after all my characters are leveled and I feel like I am satisfied with my items. Collecting already feels pointless, what's the stash for now? Why have it so large?

Stash is great for holding items for alts that can't use yet or for items specific to builds. Elemental damage became huge in RoS so you end up with similar but slightly different gear. You might also be holding onto gear with higher toughness for specific levels of difficulties or utility as well.

Lastly you'll end up with a lot of gems and crafting materials including legendary specific materials.

The newer items are much better. You'll like the new drop system.

Better is not even saying the full story.

I remember struggling trying to get gear for my characters prior to the switch. Within 5min, I replaced all my gear with something at least 2x better. That is how much better the new system is. Even at that the drops are increasingly good all the time. Switches here and there for improvement. Its nothing like before.

IMO its better and worse at the same time. You find more items but if you're looking for a specific item then increased drop rates are moot.

IMO its better and worse at the same time. You find more items but if you're looking for a specific item then increased drop rates are moot.

Yup. You'll replace old gear quick alright. But once you hit 70 and do a dozen rifts, you'll start to see minimal rewards at best. I only play with my dad and brothers. Can't believe the people who are able to pour dozens of hours a week into this game.

I don't understand why they took out automatically joining a public chat area where you can look at everyone else's players. I don't like that I can't browse games. I feel so alone in this game. I can't trade anymore, I never cared about an auction house. I need my items to hold some kind of value to other players. None of these things make sense to me.

Basically I am level 65 and already feel like SteveLord. What's the point of going on? I beat the game. What's the point of finding uber items? Why am I grinding? They hold no value.

I'm in the same boat. Hit 70 played for a bit, got to the point where I could comfortably farm torment 4 on my crusader. I hit this point within 15 hours of play at 70!

Then proceeded to put 2-3 times this amount of time into the game without anything back. Legendary loot was worthless, it was either there for an alt, or it was salvaged. I miss thinking oo, that item could be traded to get me X that I need.

I don't miss the auction house, but I do wish there was an equivalent of d2 trade games. It now feels like a single player game that I occasionally run through in co-op mode.

RoS is leaps and bounds better than vanilla but it still needs some heavy tweaking so that you want to keep going

There is no social aspect in the game at all. Unless you have a few buddies that regularly play. The game is capped at 4 players, so I can't even imagine how clans are operating in this game. People pop in and out of games every 5 seconds. There's no communication. It's just drop in, kill things, get out.

Inability to trade 99% of the items you get really sucks. The 2hr timer on items for your party should extend to your friends list. There's times when I log out for a break and my brother finds a great item.....but alas........he can't give it to me, its useless to him and it just gets salvaged.

Ultimately, this game is geared towards the types who have no problem spending 4-8 hrs a day playing by themselves (their loyal WoW fanbase included.) And continue to do so. I like Blizzard. I like their games. But Diablo3 ran out of steam quicker than any other for me.

Last edited:
What I find funny is that they're so worried about people finding good items but they dont benefit from stalling players. At least in World of Warcraft they're making money on monthly subscriptions whereas this game you've already bit the bullet, twice now with the release of RoS. Especially with the removal of AH/item trading there's definitely no reason to stop players from actually getting upgrades. If they were smart they would've made torment levels into tiers of gear similar to how item levels worked in world of warcraft. for example torment 1 would drop item level 100 items including legendaries but then torment 2 would drop item level 140 so even exact items could be slightly better.

I think what really hurts item progression is the high value of specific mods and the need to have a very specific combination just to get any increase. So many items i've found would've been good if i got these 3 stats instead of 2 stats and another random one so things like the enchanter can't even make it useful.

Back