• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OFFICIAL G80 THREAD] All G80 reviews, benchmarks and discussions go here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
goshdarn that thing looks beast! any idea of when the 8900s will come out? I'd be pretty dissapointed if nvidia released the 8900s a month after the 8800s :(

Last edited by a moderator:
WaTTz said:
Can I have your old "new" sli please ? :D

8800GTX are gonna rock !!!

LOL...i tried to off it in the classies here and there were no takers. :confused:

riceygts said:
goshdarn that thing looks beast! any idea of when the 8900s will come out? I'd be pretty dissapointed if nvidia released the 8900s a month after the 8800s :(

right after r600 from ati is released

ati's card is always better than NV's becuase they get to see what its like before they release there's. NV always wants to go first though.

I am never buying a new card ever again. I bought the 7900GT just as it hit online retailers and I'm on my 3 RMA. The damn memory voltage regulator is a POS on these cards, and since it's XFX there has been no revision. Should have waited for some long term reviews before buying. If I can sell off the new card that I will get from XFX, I just might get a x1950xtx. It is good enough for my needs, anything faster and my CPU will become a bottleneck.

I bit. $639 shipped...not too bad. Now who needs an X19 that doesn't sound like a jet?

tranceaddict said:
I am never buying a new card ever again. I bought the 7900GT just as it hit online retailers and I'm on my 3 RMA. The damn memory voltage regulator is a POS on these cards, and since it's XFX there has been no revision. Should have waited for some long term reviews before buying. If I can sell off the new card that I will get from XFX, I just might get a x1950xtx. It is good enough for my needs, anything faster and my CPU will become a bottleneck.

dont ever buy an XFX they made the worse cards, eVGA corrected the problem.

I bit... $625 + $51.56 tax (CA) + $12.89 shipping = $689.45 total :(

I hope that they actually do have it in stock and it ships out tommorow.

I ended up cancelling mine. Fry's in PHX will have plenty of the EVGA's for 640. Just gotta wait til the 8th...

I think I am going to go with the EVGA 8800 GTS myself and if I feel I need more than that after oc'n I will step up to the gtx or something better if it's available before the 90 days.

What do you guys think?

krag said:
LOL...i tried to off it in the classies here and there were no takers. :confused:

Your gear is too nice and new ;)
E-bay :(

Or wait untill the DX10 is official in peoples hands and give deep discounts here :beer: you know you want to :p

Or maybe you need the funds for your DX10 :eek:
E-bay again :(

LOL :p

So from the looks of it a single 8800GTX will perform a little better than a 7950gx2... Unless I am mistaken, I saw a X6800 and OCed 7950gx2 pull 11K in 3d06

Back