• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OFFICIAL G80 THREAD] All G80 reviews, benchmarks and discussions go here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the only question i have is where, when and for how much are these selling ... so far i have been unable to find 1

OH hell no... I thought the G80 was going to be much more powerful...

I was thinking of getting one after the initial price drop, but I refuse to get a video card that's not more then double the power of my video card on it's 24/7 clocks.

However, I am very glad to see that the architecture really is %100 DirectX10 compliant with all of the new architecture features.

I'm still smelling some FX API residue... imo

Shell said:
OH hell no... I thought the G80 was going to be much more powerful...

I was thinking of getting one after the initial price drop, but I refuse to get a video card that's not more then double the power of my video card on it's 24/7 clocks.

However, I am very glad to see that the architecture really is %100 DirectX10 compliant with all of the new architecture features.

I'm still smelling some FX API residue... imo

over 10k with a single card isn't powerful enough to you?

That score is just a little higher than my 3ghz Opty 165 and OCed SLI 7900GTXs

I thought it was pretty decent.

crfracer290 said:
yeah I was expecting this thing to be alot more powerful as well. Wasnt there rumors of 14K in 3d06?

I'd bet that it'll do that with everything overclocked. I'm sure both the CPU and GPU were at stock for that review.

Also guys consider this, the G80 cards are DX10 parts only. Meaning that nvidia has to utilize software so that the G80's can EMULATE dx9 compatability. Considering that drivers are extremely beta we can assume that official releases will give us MUCH more performance as nvidia creates more efficient dx9 emulation software as well as the fact that G80 will show even better performance in DX10 games and benches where it will be able to ultilize 100 percent of its hardware.

madgravity34 said:
Also guys consider this, the G80 cards are DX10 parts only. Meaning that nvidia has to utilize software so that the G80's can EMULATE dx9 compatability. Considering that drivers are extremely beta we can assume that official releases will give us MUCH more performance as nvidia creates more efficient dx9 emulation software as well as the fact that G80 will show even better performance in DX10 games and benches where it will be able to ultilize 100 percent of its hardware.

+1 well said if i had the money i would deff pick up one of these cards but man 8800gtx is to long and deff will not fit in my case only hope is for ati dx10 card :D either way i have to save money

What happened to 8800

I thought the 8800 series was to be released today. I also heard there was a recall, now nVidia denies that there was. Not a good start.

LOL, they were just ****ed it got out early, so i guess they tried hard as they could to get any/all sold cards back haha

new update:

the problem is already solved it was because some partners got a diferent resistor (30ohm vs 50ohm) but that is fixed.

today it will be released but NDA hasnt expired yet

yeah some people over on [H] gor thei already in their hands, and eVGA told the person to take down their pics and stuff..lol

nvnews.com has the guy.

Yeah, I just now got done sifting the net for any in-stock 8800-GTX cards and came up with nada. I was told that NDA would lift at 12am tonight. I was totally expecting some cards to be available for purchase today. I guess "hard launch" is subjective? :rolleyes:

I just watched [H]'s front page remove the link to the article, then the link to the forum discussion and then the link to the BFG H2O'ed card pictures. Then they removed the thread from the forum.

I'm going to merge all G80 discussions into one thread here. Don't need a mess of threads.

I am astonished how expensive they are, £500 for a GTX at overclockers UK, there's even one for £600. Then again, they are normally not the cheapest place.

Still, the 6800 Ultra was only £380 when it came out, and I don't think the 7800GTX were much more.

Back