• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OFFICIAL G80 THREAD] All G80 reviews, benchmarks and discussions go here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
why are there two similar thread titles... they seem a bit diff, but i feel like i wouldn't know where to put my "benchmarks" or "oc results" if i were in the game this time.

Out of curiosity, what were the average to high scores in 3dmark06 on the 7900gtx and x1900xtx?? I attempted a search but there's just too many threads on these cards.

Recepie for the Unholy Path

Ingredients

4 8800GTX
4 "things to mod them to 1 slot"
∞ Guts
1 1KW PSU for the vid cards
1 300W PSU for system

Instructions

Throw all four into a Quad SLi Board, Turn on and rape the planet

What I find amazing is not just the 23k 3D06 score, not just the fact that he says it's CPU limited with a 4.8Ghz Kentsfield, But that this is still only DX9 emulation. I can't imagine how DX10 could run. Amazing.

When they say CPU limited. Are they making reference to the GPUs' only using one core or 2 cores or all four of the quad cores?

Voodoo Rufus said:
I would think 2 or 4. The new 3dmarks are multithreaded right?

yes 06 is, 05 gets extra marks with dually also. I dont think 05 is specifically multithreaded.

the anantech article was fascinating, I cant wait to get this card, funny how I bought a card that cost that much but I am still to cheap to upgrade shipping.

The performance looks promising, I await some mainstream derivatives (and no the $500 GTS is NOT a mainstream alternative), I refuse to buy a card that costs more than an entire system, and a dual-core system that will play any game on the market for quite some time at that.

overclock 8800 GTS@631/1854 conroe 3.7 ghz antec smartpower 500 watts

3dmark06

06wj7.jpg

aquamark 03

aquatc2.jpg

@640/1882

3dmark 05

05hw9.jpg

GTX is clocked @675/1800 isn't it?

OOOO man i cant wait to get my 8800gts... i just gotta talk to my dad bout it but im sure he will go for it... 140 bucks for a stepup to something this fast... AMAZING.

WOWOOWOWOOWo were thoes clocks on stock cooling with stock volts? cus going from 500 to 613 mhz is quite a feat! and what are temps like!...

I wonder if an HR-03 will work with one of these with a 120mm fan on it?

Wait now, how do step ups work?? cause my dad just recently bought a eVGA 7600 for his sytem and I could do the step up for that to the 8800GTS and give him my 7800, he would go for that. But does the step up just take off whatever you paid for the original piece?? cause the 7600 was only 130 bucks.

Last edited:
So.. how hard are we all going to laff when the REST of the DX10 cards come out and make this thing look like onboard :) Nice scores on the thing but honestly.. How long until this thing is like the worst DX10 card out there?

Precision said:
So.. how hard are we all going to laff when the REST of the DX10 cards come out and make this thing look like onboard :) Nice scores on the thing but honestly.. How long until this thing is like the worst DX10 card out there?

the thing is you have to jump in sometime... if you keep waiting you will NEVER have a computer period... pluss for me.... 140 + shipping for a GTS.... WOW

and the step up only works if you bought the card within 90days.

Back