• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OFFICIAL G80 THREAD] All G80 reviews, benchmarks and discussions go here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
White_Pawn said:
anyone know anything on when they are gonna do revisions to the 8800gtx?

stuff like die shrink, gddr4, less power consumption, etc.

GPUs are scary enough as it is. I'm not sure I want to imagine one on a 65nm or 45nm process. G80 has 681 million transistors as it is. That's asinine (in the best of ways).

Taking bets on when we hit 1 billion?

:drool:

I don't see a single review link in the first post, whats the hold up Rattle? Hey you guys wanna read a killer G80 review? Here you go, 28 pages of excellent info, overclocking and some fun by Shimano. You guys might even learn a thing or two about current graphics processing design, I know I did ;)

VR-Zone G80 Review

what hold up? what am I on the clock lol?

this thread started as a siting for a 8800gtx on sale at ewiz lmao and someone changed it to the official whatever thread

Sorin said:
GPUs are scary enough as it is. I'm not sure I want to imagine one on a 65nm or 45nm process. G80 has 681 million transistors as it is. That's asinine (in the best of ways).

Taking bets on when we hit 1 billion?

:drool:

considering that from the G70's (70 and 71) we were talking 302 and 278million... then to the G80's that have 681mill .... 1 bill will defintly be out by the G90's

Rattle said:
what hold up? what am I on the clock lol?

this thread started as a siting for a 8800gtx on sale at ewiz lmao and someone changed it to the official whatever thread

Hey it's your chance for stardom, don't miss out!!

According to an email sent from an XS user, the HR-03's not compatible. I haven't taken the time to look myself, but I'll take their word.

It's looking to be such a popular card, hopefully we won't have to wait so long. I'd like a nice long cooler with room for dual 120's. :D

I wish I could get one of the new 8000's :( I was drooling over the performance of them on the review done by Anadtech & I got a good chuckle off this little part...

Back when Sony announced the specifications of the PlayStation 3, everyone asked if it meant the end of PC gaming. After all Cell looked very strong and NVIDIA's RSX GPU had tremendous power. We asked NVIDIA how long it would take until we saw a GPU faster than the RSX. Their answer: by the time the PS3 ships. So congratulations to NVIDIA for making the PS3 obsolete before it ever shipped, as G80 is truly a beast.

Bah console gaming will never get rid of PC gaming...if anything pc gaming will get rid of console gaming as computers get smaller & cheaper etc...

16K in 3D mark 2006 ... with a single card... looks like futremark needs to work on a new version that sucks all of the dx10 juice

A lot of that score is from high clocks on a quad core. The dual core scores were what, like 12-13k? Not that those aren't impressive either heh.

MadMan007 said:
A lot of that score is from high clocks on a quad core. The dual core scores were what, like 12-13k? Not that those aren't impressive either heh.

yeah that extra power from the quad core wont give any kind of gain in real gaming situations. If you ask me, 3Dmark scores are a terrible indication of gaming performance anymore. Just consider that games won't be using 4 cores for quite some time.

Does anyone know how the 8800 GTS & GTX scale on different cpus? Will I have to upgrade my A64 3700+ to a Core 2 Duo 6600 to get everything out of it?

Rattle said:
ati's card is always better than NV's becuase they get to see what its like before they release there's. NV always wants to go first though.

From the 7800's on now that is downright laughable statement lol.

ATI is kinda in the land of hurt right now. It is going to be 2 1/2 to 3 months before ATI has anything that can compete single card with the 8800GTX (a pair of X1950's in a CF can only stay with it and not even get close in OpenGL). By then NV will have the 8800 refresh ready to come out of the oven to spoil the R600 launch or PNY may pop it's 8850 out if NV lets em.

For ATI this is x1800 well behind the 7800-256 fiasco all over again. I see though sledding ahead for ATI under AMD's rule.

Viper

Back