• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official IC Perihelion Test Results Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm so upset... my system is being weird. My temps are high like crazy and I don't know why. I'm now breaking 55C on my Phenom II (on water @ 1.5 vcore) while playing L4D2... this never used to happen. I noticed I was hitting 55C b/c my motherboard started making a low BEEP sound every few moments. I now have to crank up my 152CFM deltas to max to get the temp to drop to about 50C. :(

Either way I have to possibly take my entire cooling apart so I'm glad I have more time with the tests here... not that I'm happy that everyone has to get new samples, but I guess it works out in some way to my advantage.

What should we do with the old samples? Are they still usable for machines? If so, I won't throw them out.

Do you think your high temps might be from the Perihelion, g0dM@n? Or do you think some other factor is kicking your system's butt?

My findings so far have shown no degradation of the product after running more than 3 weeks continuously. As a matter of fact, when I ran the last OCCT/Linpack run when I got in from work, the temps were just ever so slightly better.

I'm on AS5 now. I wanted to have it matured to compare the other pastes to, but something is hindering my cooling BIGTIME. I have a nice water setup. =/

I finally have my rig built back up - looks like I don't need to do any testing though. Although given the results thus far, I wasn't looking forward to removing the IC7 Diamond I've had on the CPU since Fall.

The IC7 wasn't a big problem for me to get out of the tube, Matt. Of course it's a fresh tube that Joe sent with the Perihelion, and I also had it in my pocket for around 30 minutes too, making sure is was warmed up a bit.

IC7 worked better than I thought it would, better than AS5 in my results. The only thing I don't like about the IC7 is how dry it is, which made it very hard to spread into the gaps between the heatpipes on my HDT. It would break apart and roll up, not really sticking to much of anything. Once I got it in there though, it performed really well.

I have had these results in hand for a bit but never posted them...oops.

Pre-Perihelion
Compound: AS5
Ambient Temp: 22.3-23.6C
Idle Temp: 30/30/29/30
Load Temp: 60/60/59/58
Heat Sink Fan Speed: 1050RPM (Water cooled)

Perihelion
Ambient Temp: 22.5-23.7C
Idle Temp: 30/30/29/29
Load Temp: 57/57/56/57
Heat Sink Fan Speed: 1050RPM (water cooled)

Other product you included in sample
Ambient Temp: 22.2-23.5C
Idle Temp: 30/30/29/29
Load Temp: 58/57/57/57
Heat Sink Fan Speed: 1050RPM (Water cooled)

Just as an FYI, my GPU is also in this loop, results below (load was Furmark only, no CPU to isolate GPU temps):

AS5
Ambient Temp: 22.3-23.6C
Idle Temp: 35
Load Temp: 51

Perihelon
Ambient Temp: 22.5-23.7C
Idle Temp: 32
Load Temp: 48

How is that reformulation coming along? I guess I could get my AS5 and ICD7 results posted up in the mean time. I just need to get some time to pull my water block, and I really need to get the fans on my rad changed before I can really do any testing.

i guess i missed the deadline. this totally slipped my mind with all the wedding/honeymoon stuff i was doing the past few months. I've actually had all the tests done, just needed to compile the data:

Pre-Perihelion
Compound: standard Cooler Master TIM
Ambient Temp: 26 c
Idle Temp: 29 c
Load Temp: 42 c
Heat Sink Fan Speed: 2836 rpm

Perihelion
Idle Temp: 32 c
Load Temp: 44 c
Heat Sink Fan Speed: 2824 rpm

thanks for letting me test joe! sorry again it took so long. edit: looks like i might need to do a few more tests on the perihelion, my mount might have been bad on that run.

i guess i missed the deadline. this totally slipped my mind with all the wedding/honeymoon stuff i was doing the past few months. I've actually had all the tests done, just needed to compile the data:

Pre-Perihelion
Compound: standard Cooler Master TIM
Idle Temp: 29 c
Load Temp: 42 c
Heat Sink Fan Speed: 2836 rpm

Perihelion
Idle Temp: 32 c
Load Temp: 44 c
Heat Sink Fan Speed: 2824 rpm

thanks for letting me test joe! sorry again it took so long. edit: looks like i might need to do a few more tests on the perihelion, my mount might have been bad on that run.

I think there is a pause on all of this...
Do we have any updates on what's going on?

It's in this thread

That thread seems to be talking about the ICD24, in which JoeC wants testing on GPU's, from what I can tell. We were told a few months ago that testing of the Perihelion was to be paused for a couple of weeks, while a new formula was worked on. To the best of my knowledge, there were plans to send out new samples of the new Perihelion formula when it was ready to those of us that volunteered for the first testing phase.

Back