• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh the heat of summer. Sheesh. And... 30 BILLION!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
The heat of summer has started to really show as our southern bretherin are respectfully dropping down in production and run on sentences to amuck amongst those who know when to stop typing and start listening for this is the real world on MTV and not to be considered for a Peabody award or anything like that not that you were thinking this sentence should earn an award I mean you didn't have to say it I knew and then I got bored with this joke which really ended before it started and should have stopped then but will instead stop now.

We are still being chased by two teams but they are 2 and 3 years away at current projections.

Top 16 are earning 1 million ppd+
Top 5 are earning 10 million ppd+
Top 3 are earning 20 million ppd+
Top 2 are earning 30 million ppd+

Not bad for summer. What is hurting us is that we are down to 37 active folders. We need everyone to come back when they can. We also need new blood to bolster our ranks. At 37 active folders, we are 57th overall.

HayesK has earned 30 billion! Did you hear what I said?! 30 BILLION!

OzoneOOO just earned his first 100 Million! WOOT!
flifisher just earned his first 100 Million! WOOT!

MPros has earned 3 million. Happy to have you with us.

And a big WOOT! to you sir. Thank you for all you do.

Just look at how big that woot is. That's a big one for sure.

I just looked at Nvidia and they tanked big time from over 250M ppd to under 50M ppd in the last 2 weeks. :shock:

Wait what? You don't have a different user name for each GPU do you? Curious. Like a George.

Hey dfonda, Ebay listings been working for me.
First just search the low asking price of the day. Make the listing at the low price.
After that consider lowering the buy it now amount.

Just saying.

Hey dfonda, Ebay listings been working for me.
First just search the low asking price of the day. Make the listing at the low price.
After that consider lowering the buy it now amount.

Just saying.
Thanks, I have bought occasionally from Ebay, but I have no account and do not use it to sell...These are not that important that it matters. When the cold weather comes I'll turn them back on...I gave a 4K monitor to my SIL and that PC (GTX 970) needs an upgrade so I'll give him the 1070 Ti if it doesn't sell.

If I really need to sell something I use Craigs list which I have had great results with.

I signed up with a local solar co. for an evaluation. I do have a perfect Southern exposure...might have to cut a few trees down....At the rate PECO (Electric) charges, my break even would be 5 or 6 years.

eBay takes a huge chunk of the selling price though. So you have to factor that in when selling. Reduces your profit for sure.

I have a friend who moved from my current town in MI out to AZ. His electric bill was ~ $600-$700/mth. I couldn't, rather, wouldn't want to do it. Things would be getting cut for sure. Everyone stay healthy and that sometimes means watching what you eat as well as what you spend. Life comes before the act of helping others save lives. You can't help others if you yourself needs help. No not quite that. Something like that but not exact. I say go with what I mean and not exactly what I wrote on that.

I have a friend who moved from my current town in MI out to AZ. His electric bill was ~ $600-$700/mth. I couldn't, rather, wouldn't want to do it. Things would be getting cut for sure. Everyone stay healthy and that sometimes means watching what you eat as well as what you spend. Life comes before the act of helping others save lives. You can't help others if you yourself needs help. No not quite that. Something like that but not exact. I say go with what I mean and not exactly what I wrote on that.
Mine was in the mid 350's last month, that seems to be the "trigger point" for mi esposa. :oops:

I can get a solar system in a heartbeat, what I'm wanting to include in our home energy usage is to also devise a way to cut down our winter propane bill, which hit over $600 last December.

Mine was in the mid 350's last month, that seems to be the "trigger point" for mi esposa. :oops:

I can get a solar system in a heartbeat, what I'm wanting to include in our home energy usage is to also devise a way to cut down our winter propane bill, which hit over $600 last December.
All right Tim, I understand the AC...but heating?:nono: My man you need more PC's and GPU's...cut that gas bill right out. :cheers: :giggle:

If you are at a point where it is time to replace your HVAC system, you could go with a heatpump system with propane emergency heat. The heatpump would be the first stage of heating and propane would only be used when it is below ~40* outside or if the primary heating failed. Electricity is cheaper per KWH there in the winter vs summer, correct?

If you are at a point where it is time to replace your HVAC system, you could go with a heatpump system with propane emergency heat. The heatpump would be the first stage of heating and propane would only be used when it is below ~40* outside or if the primary heating failed. Electricity is cheaper per KWH there in the winter vs summer, correct?
Yes, the HVAC unit is15 years old so I want to replace/upgrade + get energy tax credit before I have to pour more $$ in for repairs. I'm familiar with smaller room-size heatpumps, but hadn't heard of a central unit that was hybrid(elec/propane).

I'll be looking into that ....but as Dave mentioned:
Post magically merged:

All right Tim, I understand the AC...but heating?:nono: My man you need more PC's and GPU's...cut that gas bill right out. :cheers: :giggle:
Yes! :attn:

Back