• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh, you ordered via 3 day? And there's a weekend?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ouch :/ That really had to suck. Isn't it illegal to do that though? Wouldn't that be considered forgery?

Well its only forgery if one specific person is supposed to sign it.

I'm pretty sure that driver won't do that again, we had them investigate it and everything.

I normally always take whatever is cheapest from Newegg, 90% of the time it comes from the NJ warehouse and I get it in a day or two. Ordered some RAM once at like 3pm EST and it arrived before 11am next day via UPS. And that was the free EggSaver shipping. :)

I have seen stuff sit for awhile before.

I've had that happen... once... with fedex... the first time i ordered from newegg.

Well its only forgery if one specific person is supposed to sign it.

I'm pretty sure that driver won't do that again, we had them investigate it and everything.

I'm pretty sure that driver doesn't have a job :)

well i had UPS drop off a package on friday, i was home all day, he rang the doorbell and ran. i never signed for it, it had $300+ of parts in the box...

I just wanted to add that I ordered a router on Newegg on Saturday afternoon. It shipped from California to the East Coast and it got here on Tuesday evening. No rush processing, and only the standard UPS shipping. Yay UPS!
Sometimes I've seen stuff get to my house faster with standard than with 3 day. With 3 day, it will take 3 days. With standard, it will take as long as it takes, be it overnight or a week.

You want to see something incredibly dumb?
Code:
Date/Time                     Activity                         Location     
06/10/2011 08:00:00     IN TRANSIT TO[I]         BALDWIN PARK, CA, US     
06/10/2011 07:59:00     DEPARTURE SCAN[I]     CERRITOS, CA, US     
06/10/2011 00:44:00     ARRIVAL SCAN[I]          CERRITOS, CA, US     
06/09/2011 23:37:00     DEPARTURE SCAN[I]     BALDWIN PARK, CA, US     
06/09/2011 17:03:00     DESTINATION SCAN[I]  BALDWIN PARK, CA, US     
06/09/2011 17:02:00     ORIGIN SCAN[I]           BALDWIN PARK, CA, US     
06/09/2011 23:23:57     BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M]
It left Baldwin Park for Cerritos, and now it's on it's way back to Baldwin Park. How far away are these two place? All of 20 miles. WTF, UPS.

well i had UPS drop off a package on friday, i was home all day, he rang the doorbell and ran. i never signed for it, it had $300+ of parts in the box...

Does it say "signature required" on the label? It is at the shippers discretion to require a signature.

Last edited:
Sometimes I've seen stuff get to my house faster with standard than with 3 day. With 3 day, it will take 3 days. With standard, it will take as long as it takes, be it overnight or a week.

You want to see something incredibly dumb?
Code:
Date/Time                     Activity                         Location     
06/10/2011 08:00:00     IN TRANSIT TO[I]         BALDWIN PARK, CA, US     
06/10/2011 07:59:00     DEPARTURE SCAN[I]     CERRITOS, CA, US     
06/10/2011 00:44:00     ARRIVAL SCAN[I]          CERRITOS, CA, US     
06/09/2011 23:37:00     DEPARTURE SCAN[I]     BALDWIN PARK, CA, US     
06/09/2011 17:03:00     DESTINATION SCAN[I]  BALDWIN PARK, CA, US     
06/09/2011 17:02:00     ORIGIN SCAN[I]           BALDWIN PARK, CA, US     
06/09/2011 23:23:57     BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M]
It left Baldwin Park for Cerritos, and now it's on it's way back to Baldwin Park. How far away are these two place? All of 20 miles. WTF, UPS.

Just ordered $500 worth of gear from Guitar Center. The warehouse was in Memphis. Took GC 2 days to get everything boxed up and ready (lots of small weird things and an EQ for my school) and then it left Memphis and got to my city in (gasp) 3 HOURS!! Imagine that!

Too bad Newegg doesn't offer the standard shipping. GC does, and it's faster at least.

My Brother in Law used to drive for UPS, and later worked as a dock supervisor, and he told me that if drivers make too good of time (as in show up early) they will be fined just as bad as if they are late. If a facility ships too soon, they get fined just as if they shipped too late.

UPS is all about ON TIME. Early is not on time just as late isn't.

I'm not taking up for them, simply explaining why things happen they way the do.

Yeah, the drivers deserve medals for the crap they put up with. They are at the very tip of their 'logistics' spear, if you will. They are monitored, graded and ultimately controlled to a level that is ridiculous.

Delivering something early in this case simply undercuts their other services. I know it sucks. It seems like every time I order something it is just before a weekend.

/begin rant

... this is sad.

So, I order a monitor from Newegg on wednesday night. It sits in NJ for a day. An ENTIRE FREAKING DAY. It just sits there. Doing nothing. On UPS's time. Then they move it two hours down the road, where it sits for ANOTHER 20 hours. Then about 3 hours into Saturday, they put it on a truck to HOUSTON TEXAS! That's 9 hours PAST me.

I could have had my monitor had they just put it on a truck to Brandon or Tennessee. But no, that would get it here early, and we can't have early!

/end rant

It's more chance than anything, but, if you are located in Tennessee and your order is housed in the Memphis warehouse, you'll get it really quickly.

I ordered the 6 piece combo shellshocker last Thursday afternoon at 1pm CST

Mobo
CPU
RAM
Case &PSU
1TB Deskstar HDD
Trend Micro Titanium

At 3:30pm CST I turned around and ordered the SAMSUNG UN40D6000 40" LED LCD TV

Both orders were shipped via the "Guaranteed 3-Day" option.

At 3:27pm the next day all items were delivered.

All the items for both orders just happened to be at the Memphis warehouse....

It's luck of the draw.

lol, I know how you feel. I just placed an order with Newegg and in the checkout did not get the option for UPS ground. I only had the option for UPS 3 day ... which is slower since UPS ground gets here the next day, but UPS 3-day sits in their sorting center until exactly 3 days

Actually I just ordered a cx430 on thursday before the big weekend, it shipped that afternoon and I got it midday friday. On three day. But it shipped from nj, so it was close.

the mail system over here isnt to bad, i mean i order things with standard delivery at 6pm and they get here in the morning, this is without next day delivery and the nearest postal base is over a 2 mile stretch of sea. i dont know how it happens.

but then again the entire UK is the size of Oregon, ONE state...lol..

How about I ordered last Thursday night (I paid 3 day shipping on 2 items) and the estimated delivery is this Friday?

Back