• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok...8600ULTRA or 2 gig of ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Memphis69

the title pretty much sums it up... should i hold off and get a 8600U or pick up 2 gigs of ram... am goin to be keeping the same cpu... FOR now.. im lookin to do a total system upgrade when NEW amd stuff comes out.. not AM2 but the next gen goodies :beer: and ways advice please..

Memphis69 said:
the title pretty much sums it up... should i hold off and get a 8600U or pick up 2 gigs of ram... am goin to be keeping the same cpu... FOR now.. im lookin to do a total system upgrade when NEW amd stuff comes out.. not AM2 but the next gen goodies :beer: and ways advice please..

LOL nice name for ur system... btw i LOVE the GT500 from gone in 60 seconds... also the unique performance cars... GT500ESS :drool: is all i have to say... 725hp :drool: :mad: :eek:

N e ways i would recommend 2gb of ram... the 8600 ultra would be a VERY good upgrade but it would not be put to good use with anything less than 2 gigs becasue alot of games nowadays use over a gig easily even at low settings... max settings about 1.5gb... its ur call really but the 8600 ultra can be carried over to ur new system.. where as say your ddr ram could not.

If your are going with vista os then you will need both. Probably more ram.

If you be gaming in xp better card is more beneficial.

Last edited:
thanks both of ya... ummm see im looking to upgrade mid to late this year.. so i really kinda dont wanna spend a lot of money on more ram that im not goin to really be useing alot so i was thinking just get the 8600U and use if for my vid card for my new system ya know.. so.. whats where my mind is it with it..

Memphis69 said:
thanks both of ya... ummm see im looking to upgrade mid to late this year.. so i really kinda dont wanna spend a lot of money on more ram that im not goin to really be useing alot so i was thinking just get the 8600U and use if for my vid card for my new system ya know.. so.. whats where my mind is it with it..
I agree. That is your best option. Even if you need a bit more power, you could always grab another for SLI.

why do you have the 8600ultra picked when there is no performence data for any cards in that range and none are out yet, for all you know the X2600 could destroy the 8600u at similar prices.

ALiEN2953 said:
why do you have the 8600ultra picked when there is no performence data for any cards in that range and none are out yet, for all you know the X2600 could destroy the 8600u at similar prices.

the way the numbers on the card are panning out its looking like the 8600ultra is right about 75% of a 8800gts... and a 8800gts is NO SLOUCH! a 8600ultra is looking like a pretty sweet card.

nd4spdbh2 said:
LOL nice name for ur system... btw i LOVE the GT500 from gone in 60 seconds... also the unique performance cars... GT500ESS :drool: is all i have to say... 725hp :drool: :mad: :eek:

the 350 is faster than the gt500 just the gt500 looks better

i would defentaly go with the 2gb of ram more ram is always a good thing

ALiEN2953 said:

im guessing the x2600 plays for the red team( ATi ) huh... see i green to the core... so i dont care if it 50.00 cheeper and 2x's the card... i a green fan..

Memphis69 said:
im guessing the x2600 plays for the red team( ATi ) huh... see i green to the core... so i dont care if it 50.00 cheeper and 2x's the card... i a green fan..

YEAH BOY!!! THATS WHAT IM TALKING BOUT.... BEERS FOR NVIDIA FANS :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

ps : gt500ess :drool:

ss-2-lg.jpg

http://www.uniqueperformance.com/

Back