• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok I give up, my MCP650 is too loud, what can I do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, now you did it!

Senater_Cache said:
I know what it is.
Im glad to hear about it from a vendor finally.

Well, I dont knwo how attractive it actually is, considering its very low GPH rating.
"great head" but the rest is below average.

let us know the ETA. :bday:

Come on, Seater_Cache, let us in on the scoop. Esepecially before I go out and buy a new pump.

That one. I thought it was something else. Followed the thread a while back at ProCooling on it.Agreed, flow looks poor, but 12 ft of head on a 2.5 inch square, 1 inch deep sure looks nice.

Last edited:
My D4 is loud too... However, it might be true that with greater restriction, it becomes a little louder. When I assembled it on a table, it was a little quieter compared to when I put in a case and had to use a little more tubing.

ok I guess I solved it, I ended up buying of those car voltage convertor (12V in 12/9/6/3 volts out), I put a switch to switch between the PC 12 volts line and the 9 volts I have it set in the car voltage convertor line. oh the convertor has a 2 amps written on it, so I guess I should be fine.

the pump at 9 volts is noiseless, and the temps for some reasons are the same (idle and load)

I think this may be the secret - The Great Secret ;P

I have to admit for peformance the flow rates just dont excite me but if I was after truly silent cooling this pump would be the stuff. A couple of em on a loop would definitely keep the water moving and quietly. Their size should also make them great options for people using micro-ATX boxes who want to keep stuff internally.

ya saw that.. but comeone man you have to use an adapter kit?????? why couldnt they make it 1/2"

Just guessing but with that flow rating I doubt that pump will benefit from 1/2" ID tubing. It doesnt push all that much fluid but what it does push...put pushes hard.

Back