• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok, I unlocked my Duron, Now what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr_Obvious

I unlocked my duron 950 multiplier,using the pencil trick, and a microscope. But my multiplier still shows as 9.5 x 100mhz. Do I need to clear cmos? Or did I not make the connection? I am new to OC through the bios, without the use of jumpers.

So when u change the multiplier in the BIOS it still stays 950 (9.5x100)? If so then you probably didn't unlock it well enough and will have to redo the unlocking.

I must not be making the connection, I see no place in the bios to adjust the multiplier. The only thing there is voltage and freq, that I can see, thats why I was wondering if I need to clear cmos. I checked the Mobo manufacturer's website, and the bios thats in it is the most recent version. Is there some other way to update the bios, other then thru the mainboard mfg, or bios agent? It is a cheapie mobo, TCC brand, and the cpu is 2 yrs old, but until i figure out how to do a good OC, I don't want to risk trashing a "good" mobo. It does have an award bios and a VIA chipset.

Perhaps your board uses DIP switches or jumpers to set the multipliers... Visit the mobo website and d/l the manual. that should show you how to set the multi.

Actually, what is your freq set to? Maybe that's the same thing??

Right now, I have it at default which is 100/33mhz which is fsb/pcibus. And if I understand this correctly, means 200 fsb, because of the whole ev6 x2 thing. So, if thats the case, wouldn't my multiplier already be cut in half from 9,5 to 4.75? to still get the 950mhz? There are Zero dip switches or jumpers to change multpliers or fsb, only one to change the ev6 from 100 to 133. or 200 to 266. I don't understand how. I just slapped in a 1300 Duron, without changing anything in the bios, and both the AmdID program and wcpuid are showing it as 1300, and it did in post too! (banging head on wall now)

Back