• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK...LBBLE Venice results....I'm back!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
Hi guys,

A few people had asked that I post the results with this stepping.

LBBLE 0518 EPAW. I purchased this from Fry's. This is my first night with the DFI NF4 (well, its my second one) and this Venice 3200+. Voltage is about 1.5 actual. Temps are VERY VERY reasonable with this Hyper 6+ heatsink. 37c full load.

venice1.JPG

A few people are sort of disappointed that I went back to AMD, but I am happy that I have a stable computer once again, that clocks well.

I am now going to try for 300x9 at 1:1 since I know the cpu does 2.7ghz no problem. Memory is PC3200 OCZ Rev2 TCC5.

-Collin-

Silly ninja, might want to find your maximum overclock on 10x multiplier first, so you know that any instability being caused is from the Venice and not the OCZ.
:)

Holy crap....I need to change my avatar immediately!

300x9 was a no-go, but we know it is ram related because that is the same clock speed. More testing soon!

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:

300x9 was a no-go, but we know it is ram related because that is the same clock speed. More testing soon!

-Collin-

Yes you do :p

Got some settings your trying, i might be able to help :)

NinjaZX6R said:

-Collin-
Told ya lol.
Also, yer gonna have to change your signature too! :p

Ninja,

Do you still have the PDP XBLK's with you? Give them a go. Also, if you burn your chip in, you will easily hit 2.85GHz at say 1.65V.

Those PAW stepping chips are great. You should be able to get close to 2.8Ghz. Depending on the cooling you should be able to run 1.6-1.65v safely. Just watch your temps at load. Welcome back to the AMD side...... ;)

yea go for broke and jack it up to 1.6+. I new the whole time that u were at the intel camp that u would be back!! Now your gonna be ready for X2 when its finally out.

HousERaT said:
Those PAW stepping chips are great. You should be able to get close to 2.8Ghz. Depending on the cooling you should be able to run 1.6-1.65v safely. Just watch your temps at load. Welcome back to the AMD side...... ;)
This is what I've been telling the dude. So far he's already gotten a great boost in stability just going from 1.55v to 1.56v. :p

Milkman said:
Oh, thank god you came to your senses man, good to see you back Buddy :beer:

Good to see you again Mike! Now, what upsets me is that your newcastle is clocked 50mhz more than my venice!

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
Good to see you again Mike! Now, what upsets me is that your newcastle is clocked 50mhz more than my venice!

-Collin-
Awe the magic of watercooling at it's best:D, I am actually thinking of a change soon, I really want a Newark :drool:

Back