• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK OCing doing a little better now..1.65

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bongo264

I have my 1600 xp up to 1.65GHz thanks to everyone's help around here!! I picked up a new heatsink at my local computer store it was a HHC-001 I know it is not the best and man is it loud but the price was right (only 20 bucks cause someone returned it). it keeps my chip at 41c and 47c with load this blows away the TAK68 that had me at 51c idle speeds. Anyway I had a question. I never mess with the voltages and was wondering if that would add some stability? She runs like a champ at 1.65 (166*10) but when I bump it up to 166*10.5 things get a little shaky. So I was wondering if voltage would make a diff.? any ideas on this? any suggestions on how I should go about this? in a safe manner. Thanks for all the help guys!!

BTW- I am folding for team 32 now WOOHOO!!!

as long as u keep ur temps decent yeah adding voltage would add stability to your overclock but the more vcore u give it the hotter its gonna get

Increase the core voltage to 1.8v or 1.85v. That should stabilize your system.

I'm just surprised that you're having stability problems at 1743mhz. Try a lower fsb speed at 10.5x multi. See what happens.

Back