• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

okay is this any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xoligy

okay is this any good? - it's ok decieded not to buy it!

* Little River Cascade with A64 mounting plate - Also works on Pentium4 Socket 478(built by Cathar and was bought for £100 on its' own, a famous waterblock).

* DangerDen 9700/9800 (afaik works on X800 too) GPU block...

* Thermochill 120.3 radiator... (Known as the heavy hitter of radiators).

* 6" Tank-o-matic super high-quality reservoir 1/2 ID..

* Swiftech MCP600 Rev. 2... (Powerful high-pressure pump, perfect for watercooling systems).

* 1/2 ID tubing... (For optimal flow...).

* 5x Evercool 120mm 80CFM fans (in push/pull config for optimal cooling...)

* Q-Tec 550w PSU (to power the pump + fans, which takes a lot of load from your main PSU so you can concentrate on OC'ing to the max)...

Includes a custom black frame housing the pump, PSU and radiator along with a switch to turn the unit on and off.

Last edited:
mmm.... people says its good and my mate says no lol i dont know what to choose now!

i duuno i never asked lol ive decided against it anyway and going to save up and get a decent water kit :)

Xoligy said:
i duuno i never asked lol ive decided against it anyway and going to save up and get a decent water kit :)

Only the storm apex kit will beat it, even then Im not sure, what you posted has a better pump and rad but the storm is more advanced than the cascade, basically the same design though.

If you had to go w/ Thermochill 120.3 then replace your fans to something like Deltas or Sanyo Denkis, since Evercool is not a pressure fan to obtain the optimal performance and also you may or may not have mounting problems cuz Evercool fans are little bit wider than normal fans

ok im going to have a think about it and infact im going to ask for more info and pictures lol

here is one image:

e9_1_b.JPG

Don't you think a 550w PSU just for the pump and fans is necessary? We are talking about very little power draw by these.

dont ask me im considering buying it lol ive asked the seller for more information and pictures, how hard would it be to take it off the crrent box and insert it into the antect p180 im ordering today?

oh the starting bid on this is £75 < that good? :shrug

Xoligy said:
dont ask me im considering buying it lol ive asked the seller for more information and pictures, how hard would it be to take it off the crrent box and insert it into the antect p180 im ordering today?

oh the starting bid on this is £75 < that good? :shrug
Sounds good, just buy it, the rest of us are jealous.

75?! JEEZE! BUY BUY BUY! :eek:

However, ditch the res. They are more trouble than they are worth imho. And you'll need to purchase tubing yourself, can't reuse tubing from different systems. Another note you'll want to carefully clean out each component after getting them(if you buy them) just to be sure they are in good condition considering they are used.

To see how much you are saving i'll rattle off a approxamate price per item new. This is from my head so it could be way off.

Little River Cascade: current price ~$50 (famous, but replaced by swiftech storm)
DangerDen 9700/9800: No clue but >$30
Thermochill 120.3 radiator: Probally $150
Swiftech MCP600 Rev. 2: They sell for ~$70
5x Evercool 120mm 80CFM fans: No clue, for this example i'll say $20
Q-Tec 550w PSU: No clue, Newegg doesn't carry so I don't have a price ref, no less than $50
Sum: $370 or ~300 Euro's

Last edited:
* 6" Tank-o-matic super high-quality reservoir 1/2 ID..
dont need this
* Q-Tec 550w PSU (to power the pump + fans, which takes a lot of load from your main PSU so you can concentrate on OC'ing to the max)
personaly i would get a different brand

mmm.... people says its good and my mate says no lol i dont know what to choose now!
dont let friendship blind you to a lot of people that all agree including some people that do this for a living

ok cool i'll aheva longer think about it as theres a few says left

also would if be better if i saved for a zelman?

Last edited:
ok the kit abover or should i statr bidding for the Zalmen

I can get the Dangerdan one for 80quid plus shipping buy now as ive spoke to the seller (original price was 85 not 75 lol)
the Zalman i would have to pay abit more but would it be better?

ok... sent an email saying i'll buy it for a total of £91 (shipping inluded in total)

Oh what will i need to buy by the way?

some tubing? if so can you suggest any? anythin else?

also why dont i need this:
6" Tank-o-matic super high-quality reservoir 1/2 ID. < i dunno what it does so need to ask lol

it contains water :) he meant you don't need it instead using T-Line to save space and cleaner look, you can get some tubing at McMaster and the size 7/16" ID 5/8" OD

ok cool and thanks tho i doubt MCMaster deliver to the UK lol will i DIY shop sell this stuff? If not i'll have to make a trip to a discount store and see if they do lol

Back