• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old AMD Socket A Chaintech 7NJS Mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

forcelite

Hey all,

I have been a lurker here forever and have a question about an old mobo I pulled out of the closet. I have a Chaintech 7NJS that I booted up, what happened was I saw the CPU temp raise quickly on the front display on its first boot, it got to about 70 degrees and I pulled the plug to reseat the cpu fan and put new grease on it.

Long story short is the thing wont boot now, no post, error FF, it just spins the fans, no video, mouse and keyboard power up however, so I bought another AMD XP cpu as I thought maybe it overheated and broke, nope, the new CPU does not boot it either.

When I turn it on all the fans spin up and the mobo readout says FF (pre-post error), which is not a helpful error msg.

Do you guys think its a corrupt bios or what, I have heard you can sometimes boot the old mobos off a floppy when bios's are corrupt. When I put it in the closet years ago it was fine, also I did get it to boot up 1 time initially and it ran the post before it was getting to hot like I wrote earlier.

Thanks all for any help.

Force

FYI I have switched out the ram sticks and CPU, not the video card however as its my only agp card.

Thx again,
Force

Back