• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old Hardware?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bchur83

I am curious what everyone does with their old hardware? I have been thinking of selling my old CPU/Mobo/Ram combos but some are back to the C2D/C2Q/A64 Venice/even a few old P4/Dual Celeron days and are barely worth the shipping to sell them, let alone the work to pack them so they dont get damaged in shipping. Worst case I can recycle them. Ideally I would like to sell them all as a lot to save shipping but usually no one wants all of that together or that old of hardware.

Any good suggestions?

I add a generic Windows account, delete my account from the hard drive and give the PC to a charity/not for profit organization. If the hardware is too old to be of use to anyone I take it to a recycling center like Good Will after destroying the hard drive.

If you have Pentium II or earlier stuff I would possibly be interested. On a vintage hardware kick.

I put my stuff on face book market place.

Sold am3 stuff easily
$10 each for ram, mobo, proce, case.

Will soon be selling my very high end q6600 build. spent thousands on it, would be nice to get $50 for mobo/proc/ram.

Back