• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old WC blocks Thread size

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Richo999

Was about to order some WC blocks locally, however the fittings that come with it are not compatible with the loop(Athlon XP rig in signature) I am building so I was wondering what the inner thread is from the blocks, so I can order proper barbs for them.
For the loop I will be using 3/8 soft tubing

NB: Asetek DYO Chipset Cooler Block 03-L-7615
GPU: Asetek WaterChill DYO VGA Cooler VGA02/P2 03-L-7620

i would try fitting some that you have on hand that are g1/4in. if that doesnt fit i thiiiink it would be 3/8in BSPP (G3/8)? if it is make sure to use threadtape or they will leak. only reason i say that is i know my thermochill rad is from that era and uses the 3/8in bspp fittings.

actually they are abit smaller, last night I found some fittings at work that are the same (we use them for compressed steering air) and discovered they are 9 mm or G1/8. sadly most websites don't sell these anymore, so I just hope to either find some or ask some G1/8 3/8 barb fittings that are either nikkel or copper (I know for sure we have a supply of either alluminum or stainless steel, but those are less desirable to say the least)

argh that sucks. why not just use some 1/2id tubing and reuse the original barbs?

argh that sucks. why not just use some 1/2id tubing and reuse the original barbs?

the original tubing has ID of 6mm (plug fittings) instead of the desired 3/8 ID (barb fittings), Aquacomputer has nikkel plated brass fittings that should pose no problem to a all copper loop.

only reason i say that is i know my thermochill rad is from that era and uses the 3/8in bspp fittings.

Good to know, I have plenty of teflon tape at home so it won't do any harm in using it before leaktesting.

cool, glad to see you found something that will work! its been a looong time since ive seen a asetek loop. be sure to post up some pics!

Shopping is twice the price of the block if they even ship to Europe + tax aswell.
Aquacomputer also sells some stuff, I got them NOS locally except for a CPU block.however as noted I wish to use 3/8 tubing and don't want to be limited to 1/8 ID tubing with plug fittings. Even found a company still selling older stuff NOS sadly including premium pricing :(

ugh yeah ppcs shipping prices suck to begin with i can only imagine having it sent that far. what is NOS?

Back